The Student Room Group

House party for my 16th

I'm thinking of having a house party for my 16th birthday. I have been to a few house parties before and all have been successful, so I want mine to be as good. I have a fairly small house, and only the living room, kitchen, bathroom and back yard will be available for everyone so how many people would you recommend me to invite? I'm thinking of inviting around 20-25, do you think this would be fine? Most of my friends are 16, and everyone will be bringing their own alcohol. I'm afraid that people in the street will report us and the police turning up, my mum will not be at the house but she will be home at around 11 to 11:30. Any advise for me would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Original post by Katierobz
I'm thinking of having a house party for my 16th birthday. I have been to a few house parties before and all have been successful, so I want mine to be as good. I have a fairly small house, and only the living room, kitchen, bathroom and back yard will be available for everyone so how many people would you recommend me to invite? I'm thinking of inviting around 20-25, do you think this would be fine? Most of my friends are 16, and everyone will be bringing their own alcohol. I'm afraid that people in the street will report us and the police turning up, my mum will not be at the house but she will be home at around 11 to 11:30. Any advise for me would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Honestly I think they are a bad idea unless you get parents permission.. Drink teenagers bring their friends, get out of control, steal and damage things. Its your home and they wont respect it.
I hope that someone do report you to be honest. It's illegal to drink underage, and it could go very, very wrong, especially without an adult around. Don't do it - you may have to live with the consequences for years to come

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you are going to have the party, I'm not going to tell you not to because it's your life but be careful. Only invite friends you trust, don't allow anyone to bring 'friends of friends' because it will only get out of hand. Also, be consious of your neighbors, if they're elderly or have young children, I imagine they wouldn't be too pleased if a bunch of rowdy teens were to be partying until late. Don't invite too many people, your house is small, I once had a friend who had a house party in a small house and too many people were upstairs (because nobody respects rules when they're drunk) and their ceiling fell through.
Quick P.S make sure everyone has a safe ride home
Have fun but be safe!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending