My Parents are not OK with my relationship with my Girlfriend! Watch

MickivR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So i started dating my girlfriend about 4 months ago. We are now very very intimate and close with each other. Everyone knows what that means. My girlfriends parents do not know i exist. My parents know she exists but are not ok with the relationship per that reason. They were fine with it in the beginning but just recently about a week ago they threatened to go to my girlfriends place (not: they do not know where she lives) and tell her parents about us, if she didn't break up with me. We are both in College. She is going up north to DAVIS i am staying here in LA. But we have sooo much trust in each other that we are going to stay together. Yes, its college and things do happen. Yes we are in Love, Yes it is "young Love" (from what adults say). But we both know everything about each other. About 2 months ago i did something stupid and had to pay for it. And yes my girlfriend knows all about it. I am very happy that she didn't leave me for it. Every one says that it's not up to the parents with what happens with our relationship. That it is up to us both ONLY. Parents may want one thing but What do WE want. Thats why we have decided to stay together. The reason her parents don't know is that her dad would literally kill her, her mum is more lenient on the situation but she doesn't know how to tell her mum. I am fine with her parents not knowing, because again it's not up to THEM it is up to US. But thats the reason why my parents are not ok with the relationship. My girlfriend knows that as well. My mum called her and was telling her off about this and that. We were both in tears. But i am looking for a place to move out to, so wen that happens i will be under my roof. and we have already made plans to visit each other. I am 20 and she is 19. so the age is now irrelevant. Does anyone have any advice
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MickivR)
So i started dating my girlfriend about 4 months ago. We are now very very intimate and close with each other. Everyone knows what that means. My girlfriends parents do not know i exist. My parents know she exists but are not ok with the relationship per that reason. They were fine with it in the beginning but just recently about a week ago they threatened to go to my girlfriends place (not: they do not know where she lives) and tell her parents about us, if she didn't break up with me. We are both in College. She is going up north to DAVIS i am staying here in LA. But we have sooo much trust in each other that we are going to stay together. Yes, its college and things do happen. Yes we are in Love, Yes it is "young Love" (from what adults say). But we both know everything about each other. About 2 months ago i did something stupid and had to pay for it. And yes my girlfriend knows all about it. I am very happy that she didn't leave me for it. Every one says that it's not up to the parents with what happens with our relationship. That it is up to us both ONLY. Parents may want one thing but What do WE want. Thats why we have decided to stay together. The reason her parents don't know is that her dad would literally kill her, her mum is more lenient on the situation but she doesn't know how to tell her mum. I am fine with her parents not knowing, because again it's not up to THEM it is up to US. But thats the reason why my parents are not ok with the relationship. My girlfriend knows that as well. My mum called her and was telling her off about this and that. We were both in tears. But i am looking for a place to move out to, so wen that happens i will be under my roof. and we have already made plans to visit each other. I am 20 and she is 19. so the age is now irrelevant. Does anyone have any advice
Could I have details of the backgrounds of the parents?
uninteresting
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
About 2 months ago i did something stupid and had to pay for it. And yes my girlfriend knows all about it. I am very happy that she didn't leave me for it.
What did you do?
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why do your parents care about your girlfriend not telling her parents? Surely there's a reason behind the fact she neglects to tell her parents? Your parents have no right to tell your girlfriend what she must do in this relationship. You're both adults for god's sake.

She should tell her parents at some point, no matter how difficult that should be, but it's not up to your parents to decide when she does that. How is it harming them in an any way?
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Seems like modern day Romeo and Juliet, did your parents have a bad past? Does your girlfriend's dad hate you? If so why?
Jay Caz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dude, you're both adults. Your parents thoughts on your relationship should have no effect on your actions, its unfortunate for you of course but this is your life and you shouldn't allow yourself to be dictated by your parents.
DeezMafukinNuts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're both adults. Neither her parents, nor your's opinions should have any influence on who you date. It's not healthy to let them hold so much power over you.
MickivR
Rep:
?
(Original post by The RAR)
Seems like modern day Romeo and Juliet, did your parents have a bad past? Does your girlfriend's dad hate you? If so why?
This is what all my girlfriends friends are saying. its like Romeo and Juliet.
MickivR
Rep:
?
No, her parents dont even know i exist. so they can't hate me exactly. My parents did have a bad past neither did hers.

(Original post by The RAR)
MickivR
Rep:
?
(Original post by SGHD26716)
Could I have details of the backgrounds of the parents?
My Parents: I have 2 mums. Both come from good parents themselves. One is a Lawyer and the other is an entrepreneur. both of my parents were fine with my relationship, then all of a sudden they decided that if her parents dont know i exist, then i shouldn't be with her. They think by her not telling her parents, means that she is not treating me right.
MickivR
Rep:
?
(Original post by uninteresting)
What did you do?

I was caught stealing and arrested. but all charges were dropped. I had to do Hard Labour here in the U.S. i completed that, now i have to go back to court to clear it up. I told my girlfriend what happened, she was very understanding. And said that she will never leave me cause i made a stupid mistake. I mean **** happens right?
Emz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was caught stealing and arrested. but all charges were dropped. I had to do Hard Labour here in the U.S. i completed that, now i have to go back to court to clear it up. I told my girlfriend what happened, she was very understanding. And said that she will never leave me cause i made a stupid mistake. I mean **** happens right?
2 mums stealing gf issues jesus....
Behexen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
x
write in paragraphs dude & be more concise

anyway, just wanted to say if you think an LDR in college in Cali is gonna work good luck with that pipedream lol!

Plus college is the worst place to have an LDR as it will put a real damper on your college experience.

Really suggest you find a girl at your current college and then break it of with your current girl
MickivR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emz99)
2 mums stealing gf issues jesus....
yeah, its a nightmare.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads