How long usually does it take an apprenticeship to contact you after you apply? Watch

wolvesS
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've applied to several and not got a response yet. I had really bad attendence in college and I'm wondering will that take a toll on it? I was a young carer so I definitely couldnt find the time to juggle them both and the employer obviously doesnt know that.

(also how do they usually contact you?)
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wolvesS)
I've applied to several and not got a response yet. I had really bad attendence in college and I'm wondering will that take a toll on it? I was a young carer so I definitely couldnt find the time to juggle them both and the employer obviously doesnt know that.

It depends on the company, some may be fast and some may take their time due to the heavy volume of applicants. Give it a week or two.

If they rejected you, you'd usually be informed about that so no reply doesn't mean that you've instantly been rejected.
Tubbz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

The usual contact method is email now, they may phone you as well to confirm success.

No news is good news.
squirrology
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I applied to a degree apprenticeship and they only took 1 day to respond to me and then I applied to another degree apprenticeship programme and they took 6 months to get back to me (but this was only because they were not sure whether they would go ahead with the apprenticeship but they decided to 6 months later)

For the first degree apprenticeship, they contacted me by phone to ask me whether I would be available to come in for an interview and via Phone again to come to an Assessment Centre but they sent me an E-Mail afterwards for details etc.

But for the second apprenticeship, they contacted me by E-Mail.

So contact methods differ but for most apprenticeships, they respond by E-Mail. There are many reasons as to why the Apprenticeship provider hasn't responded yet, but the majority of the time, they are just taking their time processing the application and dealing with admin things or there could be delays within the department.

As long as you have a valid reason as to why your attendance is so low then it shouldn't be a problem when applying. If one of your teachers acts as a reference for you apprenticeship (if you end up successful) and they know about your situation, then they can include this in the reference just to inform the employer.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UWS)
It depends on the company, some may be fast and some may take their time due to the heavy volume of applicants. Give it a week or two.

If they rejected you, you'd usually be informed about that so no reply doesn't mean that you've instantly been rejected.
I agree
Katie Barker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have applied for lots of apprenticeships, even during college and I have been contacted straight away by the employers that want to take me to the next stage of the job process. Some of the employers didn't contact me at all. Some told me I had to wait until I finished my course. I have been contacted by phone and email.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It can vary, it took around 2-3 weeks to get a reply when I applied.
username3451024
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ughh!! This week is the fifth week, it's taking so long? I've been rated 5/5 which is amazing and the outcome is they want to have a meeting with me, but still haven't contact me yet.
Tubbz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by G3_LK)
Ughh!! This week is the fifth week, it's taking so long? I've been rated 5/5 which is amazing and the outcome is they want to have a meeting with me, but still haven't contact me yet.
My apprentice application process was 10 months long, often with 3 month between comms, 5 weeks isn't terrible.
username3451024
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tubbz)
My apprentice application process was 10 months long, often with 3 month between comms, 5 weeks isn't terrible.
Did you actually waited for their response or looked for other places
Tubbz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by G3_LK)
Did you actually waited for their response or looked for other places
I only applied for the one I'm on now.
Rasputin3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did they contact you by phone? I've applied with the wrong phone number, in the process of trying to get it updated to my new phone number, but I'm really hoping they'll email just in case it isn't possible
squirrology
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rasputin3)
Did they contact you by phone? I've applied with the wrong phone number, in the process of trying to get it updated to my new phone number, but I'm really hoping they'll email just in case it isn't possible
Have you tried contacting them to provide them with the correct phone number? With my apprenticeship, they contacted me via phone every time I got through to the next stage. But with apprenticeships it varies, some may contact you via E-mail or Phone or even both.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (112)
58.33%
No (80)
41.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise