The Student Room Group

Maximum Maintenance Loan

My daughter was told she would be eligible for the maximum £8000 maintenance loan. I provided evidence of my income for the last tax year £7000 n she's been offered £3800! They say they no longer require my income details, what's going on? I'm now looking at having to sell my home to pay for the trips she's required to go on for her degree.
Original post by Alethea569
My daughter was told she would be eligible for the maximum £8000 maintenance loan. I provided evidence of my income for the last tax year £7000 n she's been offered £3800! They say they no longer require my income details, what's going on? I'm now looking at having to sell my home to pay for the trips she's required to go on for her degree.

She's been given the non-income assessed part. It's possible she hasn't been income assessed yet?
Reply 2
Who should I contact about this?
Thanks for your reply.
Hi Alethea569,

When you provide your financial information, it is currently taking approximately around 19 working days to beprocessed, once received.

If the assessors are still waiting on evidence, they may initially award the basic support to make sure that the student has some funds and the tuition fee is in place and will be reassessed on the household income once the evidence is reviewed.

If this is outwith the timescales of you providing the evidence, then you should ask the student to call in order that we can advise further.

We can be contacted on
Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks
Reply 4
Thank you for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending