The Student Room Group

Have your say: Freshers Week tips from students

Heading to uni this autumn? Take some advice from those who've already been...

Check out Freshers Week tips from students here :h:
Great advice! I've been planning out my budget already and completely forgot about things like Christmas and birthdays which I'll definitely need to put some money aside for!
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Great advice! I've been planning out my budget already and completely forgot about things like Christmas and birthdays which I'll definitely need to put some money aside for!

PRSOM :emo:

But glad you found it handy! :biggrin:
Original post by discobish
Heading to uni this autumn? Take some advice from those who've already been...

Check out Freshers Week tips from students here :h:

One big tip if you're a bit shy/ reserved during fresher's week. Just go everywhere, show your face. Being somewhere, even if you don't talk much is beneficial. People will remember your face and be more likely to strike up a conversation with you; giving you more opportunities to make friends. Do not hide away in your room otherwise you will be miserable.
Reply 4
Original post by mangatardallys
One big tip if you're a bit shy/ reserved during fresher's week. Just go everywhere, show your face. Being somewhere, even if you don't talk much is beneficial. People will remember your face and be more likely to strike up a conversation with you; giving you more opportunities to make friends. Do not hide away in your room otherwise you will be miserable.

Great advice :h:
I'm so shy and awkward around people I don't know (as I guess a lot of people are) but I have really no idea how to start a conversation with people?? Any tips ??? But also I'm then struggling to get how you turn small talk into a genuine friendship??? The last time I had to make new friends was when I started high school and those people are still my best friends but I really can't remember the bit in between us meeting for the first time and us becoming like family? I'm freaking out about this hahah
If people are drinking and you don't drink still sit/go out with them there is nothing wrong with soft drinks.

If you do drink on the first night by all means drink but don't be the guy/ girl that gets so drunk she needs to be carried home. Having to be carried home in a city you don't know will not endear you to anyone after freshers it's fine
Guys unidays have a bunch of offers and discounts, just joined up for free and bought a macbook which came with free beats by dre headphones. If you wanna sign up, heres the link I used:

https://www.myunidays.com/r/AjxF48Dmt3k
Original post by hollyedwards98
I'm so shy and awkward around people I don't know (as I guess a lot of people are) but I have really no idea how to start a conversation with people?? Any tips ??? But also I'm then struggling to get how you turn small talk into a genuine friendship??? The last time I had to make new friends was when I started high school and those people are still my best friends but I really can't remember the bit in between us meeting for the first time and us becoming like family? I'm freaking out about this hahah

You sound a lot like me haha, if you want to talk youcan find me on snapchat at Cannben :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending