HabibSyed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm doing my EPQ next year at Sixth Form and have already come up with a possible topic which revolves around aerospace:

"How have modern airports been designed to accommodate todays 3 billion airborne travellers?"

Is this a good question? Do you think I'll be able to write 5,000 words on it? Any other topic/question suggestions about aerospace?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HabibSyed)
I'm doing my EPQ next year at Sixth Form and have already come up with a possible topic which revolves around aerospace:

"How have modern airports been designed to accommodate todays 3 billion airborne travellers?"

Is this a good question? Do you think I'll be able to write 5,000 words on it? Any other topic/question suggestions about aerospace?
Imo its ok but not very challenging. It just requires some research and not much analysis or original input. You could more or less copy chunks from several books on airport development. Imo either critically examine the past or pose some sort of investigative/ controversial question or do it on future challenges. That way you can show your understanding of the issues and express a personal opinion which can display your knowledge to the examiner.
lmaooome
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

it's great but not that challenging or controversial as you will need to evaluate your question and thereby express your own individual opinion - I don't think theres that much to say tbh
HabibSyed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by lmaooome)
it's great but not that challenging or controversial as you will need to evaluate your question and thereby express your own individual opinion - I don't think theres that much to say tbh
Alright, how about this:

"How did global conflict affect advancement in aviation technology throughout history?"
lmaooome
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Alright, how about this:

"How did global conflict affect advancement in aviation technology throughout history?"
that's way better tbh. you could talk about x- rays development in WW1 and it affected the advancement of medical technology etc.
and theres more articles as well as more research available for this topic.
you could then evaluate the importance of some global conflicts and whether they initially helped or hindered the advancement of technology.
Hollyht
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe try making it so there's more of a discussion where you can analyse literature and come to a conclusion on an issue. Maybe something like is modern airport security capable of dealing with modern terrorism, or some kind of jazzed up version of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
Alright, how about this:

Interesting but still not that such analysis or critique. Its still just a research and write what you find essay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.04%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.76%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.35%
I need help with my personal statement (86)
41.55%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
25.12%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.45%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (16)
7.73%

Watched Threads