The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
How is everyone passing the time until results day?

Personally, I'm watching 'Results videos' on Youtube and researching grade boundaries like an addict! :colondollar:

I am watching youtube videos and trying to predict grade boundaries and predict grades etc- Im that sort of person that just worrys all the time! Plus I have really good memory too so i can remember all my answers from my exams so im trying to compare them to unofficial mark schemes!
I was going to work overtime at work this week but there was non available :frown:
I'm alternating between checking TSR and binge watching Sword Art Online- trying to defy the laws of the Universe and make time go faster.
Original post by danielfrost759
I am watching youtube videos and trying to predict grade boundaries and predict grades etc- Im that sort of person that just worrys all the time! Plus I have really good memory too so i can remember all my answers from my exams so im trying to compare them to unofficial mark schemes!
I was going to work overtime at work this week but there was non available :frown:

Aw man, that's tough. I can only half remember my answers, so I'm freaking out that I got them all wrong! Still, if you have a good memory, that would definitely help you in GCSEs!! My only advice is try to distract yourself :smile: There's no point stressing out over it, especially if you end up getting good results, you'll have wasted all this time!

There was a quote I heard once:
"She suffered the anguish of a thousand shipwrecks, in dreading the one that never came."
Aw man, that's tough. I can only half remember my answers, so I'm freaking out that I got them all wrong! Still, if you have a good memory, that would definitely help you in GCSEs!! My only advice is try to distract yourself :smile: There's no point stressing out over it, especially if you end up getting good results, you'll have wasted all this time!

There was a quote I heard once:
"She suffered the anguish of a thousand shipwrecks, in dreading the one that never came."

Aha yeah thank you! I should stop worrying! Yeah if you gave me my english essays to do again now i could write them out almost word for word! :frown: :smile:. I should get good results hopefully (touch wood!) what are you hoping for? :smile:
Aha yeah thank you! I should stop worrying! Yeah if you gave me my english essays to do again now i could write them out almost word for word! :frown: :smile:. I should get good results hopefully (touch wood!) what are you hoping for? :smile:

I'm hoping for all A*s and As, but who knows?
What about you?
Original post by Sugoi_Sugoi
Jesus we don't know so we? There's only 67 & 1/2 hours left until results day, just wait until the grade boundaries come out

Wow they were only asking
What about you?

HOPEFULLY (Touch wood)
English Lit- 6/7
English Lang- 6
French- C
Media- B
ICT -A
Geog- B/A
Maths- 5
Core/Adi Science- C/B
Rs- B/A
They are what im hoping for :smile:
What about you?

I know they are not the best results in the world but they are still good and if I manage to get them it will be such an achievement for me if I manage to get those grades!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by kawaii sashimi

I wish everyone here good luck, i hope your effort and hard work pays off and that you're disappointed when you see your results and whatever

How could you *cry*

Im still looking at the unofficial mark schemes even like 3 in morning when I cant sleep, I did the old Maths Spec AQA and there is no mark scheme this year on TSR for that but anyway 3 months later im still just looking at Science mar schemes driving my self insane counting up the marks from answers I cant remember seeing as it has been a while. Dreading my results need a B in both but fear a C in maths as it didn't go as well as I hoped :frown:
Original post by PixelatedUnicorn
I'm alternating between checking TSR and binge watching Sword Art Online- trying to defy the laws of the Universe and make time go faster.

Have happened to have watched fullmetal alchemist brotherhood? If you haven't you NEED to avert your eyes from that SAO **** and glue your eyes to the screen for a solid 65 episodes of the best story building ever seen.
(edited 6 years ago)
is enrolment days for sixth form usually the same day as results day or is it the day after??? i cant find no info on my school website !!
Original post by MedicineMaybe
Im still looking at the unofficial mark schemes even like 3 in morning when I cant sleep, I did the old Maths Spec AQA and there is no mark scheme this year on TSR for that but anyway 3 months later im still just looking at Science mar schemes driving my self insane counting up the marks from answers I cant remember seeing as it has been a while. Dreading my results need a B in both but fear a C in maths as it didn't go as well as I hoped :frown:

Yep i stay up till 1am sometimes counting marks driving myself insane but its just the way I am I am a worrier I always have been since I was a little boy lol
Original post by Sugoi_Sugoi
Have happened to have watched fullmetal alchemist brotherhood? If you haven't you NEED to avert your eyes from that SAO **** and glue your eyes to the screen for a solid 65 episodes of the best story building ever seen.

Yeah SAO is dragging a bit haha. Been struggling to find good stuff to watch since seeing Death Note and AoT. I haven't; is it on Crunchyroll?
I feel like i've failed maths and english even tho I came out the exam happy??? I have no idea what to expect I hate this ...
Can someone post the link for the leaked mark schemes please?
Original post by calluhm
I feel like i've failed maths and english even tho I came out the exam happy??? I have no idea what to expect I hate this ...

If you thought that the exam went well at the time then don't worry- it's been ages since exams, so time's probably distorted how you're thinking of it.
Original post by PixelatedUnicorn
Yeah SAO is dragging a bit haha. Been struggling to find good stuff to watch since seeing Death Note and AoT. I haven't; is it on Crunchyroll?

It got put on Netflix only a week ago, and if you don't have Netflix you can sheets watch it on kissanime.com . The first episode kind of has a different tone to the rest but the story basically starts from episode 2. It has a 9.1-9,3 resting on Netflix I believe, and is number 23 on the top 250 best TV shows of all time. Happy watching :smile:
1. I took English Literature, English Language, Higher Maths, Science Core, Science Additional, Science Further, Computer Science and Business Studies.

2. I thought I did okay in the exams until I left the hall and realized that I put something completely different to everyone else.

3. Feel like crying at the thought of it.

4. I'm expecting B or above for Computer Science and Business Studies as my coursework was so highly marked, I know 100% I passed these exams. But everything else I'm just hoping for a 4 or above. My maths I am prepared to resit as I know I didn't do good on the higher paper, but for me foundation wasn't an option according to my teachers.
Original post by aesthiy
is enrolment days for sixth form usually the same day as results day or is it the day after??? i cant find no info on my school website !!

It's usually in the week back.. have you tried their facebook? Or you might be yet to be mailed stuff. We got a letter saying the date and time with forms to fill in and bring. Ours is on Monday the 4th of September and the rest of the school goes back on Wednesday, so not sure. Try contacting them if you still can't find anything though, good luck

Latest