The Student Room Group

Finding a place to live in London

Hi,

I will be starting graduate program at one of the tech companies in London this September. I will have to move to London from a small town in the north. Is there any way to find a place to live while I'm still in my home town? Or is it the best to find a short term stay in London(Airbnb) and then start looking for a flat while I'm here?
I'm mostly interested in living in a flat shared by couple of other recent graduates or students that are doing placements. Are there any good places on web to look for flatmates? Cheers.
Original post by wideem
Hi,

I will be starting graduate program at one of the tech companies in London this September. I will have to move to London from a small town in the north. Is there any way to find a place to live while I'm still in my home town? Or is it the best to find a short term stay in London(Airbnb) and then start looking for a flat while I'm here?
I'm mostly interested in living in a flat shared by couple of other recent graduates or students that are doing placements. Are there any good places on web to look for flatmates? Cheers.

I've been looking at SpareRoom alot
Which university?
Original post by wideem
Hi,

You really need to come and view anywhere yourself so you can see if the flat is as described. You could do that by taking a day trip or short stay in London and arrange lots of viewings all together. I would also say spareroom is the best website to look at.

Quick Reply