Opinions on same-sex relationships

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
I just wanted to gather people's opinions on this as it has gotten me quite curious.

I'm quite a religious Catholic person and was discussing same-sex relationships with my friend (who's a Christian).She had told me that in our religion, having a relationship with the same sex (but without intercourse) is worse than having the same gender sex? I personally thought that it was the other way round?
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
I just wanted to gather people's opinions on this as it has gotten me quite curious.

I'm quite a religious Catholic person and was discussing same-sex relationships with my friend (who's a Christian).She had told me that in our religion, having a relationship with the same sex (but without intercourse) is worse than having the same gender sex? I personally thought that it was the other way round?
I'm a Sikh so I don't really do pre marital relationships. Also, marriage is between a man and a woman if you're a Sikh.

However, if you're not a Sikh, do what you want. I'll respect you if you respect me.
username2392009
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Who are we to have an opinion on how somebody else chooses to live their life.
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you mind your own business then I'll mind mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Also I just want to add I have nothing against people who are attracted to the same-sex but we were just having that discussion in terms of how it's like in a religious point of view. I think that people can love who they want to love and be happy with them
Henry46
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't like at all same gender relationship.
Big Booty Kay
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Am I stupid cause Im not sure I'm getting the question
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,

As a religious Catholic who also happens to be a lesbian, my understanding of it has always been that for me, having a non-sexual relationship with a woman is not a problem: it's the cohabitation, sexual and marriage aspect that the Church takes issue with. If I were having sex with a woman, I would technically have to refrain from receiving the Eucharist. So I'm not too sure what your friend is chatting about :dontknow: What denomination is she?
Zargabaath
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No different to hetero relationships. I really couldn't care less who you want to be with.
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dot.Cotton)
They are completely immoral and an unforgivable sin - they should be illegal.
Let me ask you a question that hopefully your brains will be able to process.. how does a same sex couple's life affect you in any way?
loveleest
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
J'adore.
username3025040
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dot.Cotton)
They are completely immoral and an unforgivable sin - they should be illegal.
Do you use dial up internet too? How backward.
username3025040
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I thought we were past the stage where we ask this question. I fully support same-sex relationships.
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
x
I fully support it and I am happy for anyone who gets married to their true soulmate in this way.

Marriage and Sexual orientation is a personal thing, it is YOUR life. No one else can choose this for you and if anyone does, I think they are just ignorant.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Steljoy)
I fully support it and I am happy for anyone who gets married to their true soulmate in this way.

Marriage and sexuality is a choice, it is YOUR choice. No one else can choose this for you and if anyone does, I think they are just ignorant.
i know what you're trying to say but i don't think choice for sexuality is really the right word
username3025040
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
sexuality is a choice
Love the mentality but gonna have to disagree with you there.
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
i know what you're trying to say but i don't think choice for sexuality is really the right word
Damn haha, I changed it to Sexual Orientation, I think that sounds better
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by orderofthelotus)
Love the mentality but gonna have to disagree with you there.
Why? What is your opinion about sexual orientation?
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Damn haha, I changed it to Sexual Orientation, I think that sounds better
but it's not a choice :nah: people don't choose to be gay or bi or straight they just are
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
but it's not a choice :nah: people don't choose to be gay or bi or straight they just are
Oh, I see what you mean now. I know you don't choose it, what I mean was other people shouldn't get to choose it for you :cute:

I will revise my sentence now to see if I can fix that haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.24%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (34)
7.8%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.55%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.73%

Watched Threads