The Student Room Group

Opinions on same-sex relationships

Hi,
I just wanted to gather people's opinions on this as it has gotten me quite curious.

I'm quite a religious Catholic person and was discussing same-sex relationships with my friend (who's a Christian).She had told me that in our religion, having a relationship with the same sex (but without intercourse) is worse than having the same gender sex? I personally thought that it was the other way round?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I just wanted to gather people's opinions on this as it has gotten me quite curious.

I'm quite a religious Catholic person and was discussing same-sex relationships with my friend (who's a Christian).She had told me that in our religion, having a relationship with the same sex (but without intercourse) is worse than having the same gender sex? I personally thought that it was the other way round?

I'm a Sikh so I don't really do pre marital relationships. Also, marriage is between a man and a woman if you're a Sikh.

However, if you're not a Sikh, do what you want. I'll respect you if you respect me.
Who are we to have an opinion on how somebody else chooses to live their life.
If you mind your own business then I'll mind mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Also I just want to add I have nothing against people who are attracted to the same-sex but we were just having that discussion in terms of how it's like in a religious point of view. I think that people can love who they want to love and be happy with them
Reply 5
Don't like at all same gender relationship.
Am I stupid cause Im not sure I'm getting the question
Hi,

As a religious Catholic who also happens to be a lesbian, my understanding of it has always been that for me, having a non-sexual relationship with a woman is not a problem: it's the cohabitation, sexual and marriage aspect that the Church takes issue with. If I were having sex with a woman, I would technically have to refrain from receiving the Eucharist. So I'm not too sure what your friend is chatting about :dontknow: What denomination is she?
No different to hetero relationships. I really couldn't care less who you want to be with.
Original post by Dot.Cotton
They are completely immoral and an unforgivable sin - they should be illegal.

Let me ask you a question that hopefully your brains will be able to process.. how does a same sex couple's life affect you in any way?
J'adore.
Original post by Dot.Cotton
They are completely immoral and an unforgivable sin - they should be illegal.

Do you use dial up internet too? How backward.
I thought we were past the stage where we ask this question. I fully support same-sex relationships.
x

I fully support it and I am happy for anyone who gets married to their true soulmate in this way.

Marriage and Sexual orientation is a personal thing, it is YOUR life. No one else can choose this for you and if anyone does, I think they are just ignorant.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Steljoy
I fully support it and I am happy for anyone who gets married to their true soulmate in this way.

Marriage and sexuality is a choice, it is YOUR choice. No one else can choose this for you and if anyone does, I think they are just ignorant.

i know what you're trying to say but i don't think choice for sexuality is really the right word :colondollar:
Original post by Steljoy
sexuality is a choice

Love the mentality but gonna have to disagree with you there.
Original post by CoolCavy
i know what you're trying to say but i don't think choice for sexuality is really the right word :colondollar:

Damn haha, I changed it to Sexual Orientation, I think that sounds better :tongue:
Original post by orderofthelotus
Love the mentality but gonna have to disagree with you there.

Why? What is your opinion about sexual orientation?
Original post by Steljoy
Damn haha, I changed it to Sexual Orientation, I think that sounds better :tongue:

but it's not a choice :nah: people don't choose to be gay or bi or straight they just are
Original post by CoolCavy
but it's not a choice :nah: people don't choose to be gay or bi or straight they just are

Oh, I see what you mean now. I know you don't choose it, what I mean was other people shouldn't get to choose it for you :cute:

I will revise my sentence now to see if I can fix that haha

Quick Reply

Latest