The Student Room Group

People who wear Apple Watches...

So when you see a person wearing an Apple Watch, do you even notice? If you do, what is your opinion on them? What type of people wear one?

(I've had mine for a few months. I was texting a guy yesterday and I sent a picture of myself, he said I look great but surprisingly he felt the need to comment with a wink face that he didn't know that I was an Apple Watch-wearing dick).

I don't want the watch to affect the aura/vibe I emanate! I'm 17 and female, don't know whether it affects anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I don't want the watch to affect the aura/vibe I emanate! I'm 17 and female.

LOL - you're not helping yourself there.
I couldn't care less what kind of watch someone has on.
Honestly nobody gives a **** if you have an Apple Watch or not. People aren't that judgemental.
lmao who cares tbh i (and im sure many others) forget those things even exist :p:) no need to be self conscious
You lost me at the emanating aura/vibe
So when you see a person wearing an Apple Watch, do you even notice? If you do, what is your opinion on them? What type of people wear one?

(I've had mine for a few months. I was texting a guy yesterday and I sent a picture of myself, he said I look great but surprisingly he felt the need to comment with a wink face that he didn't know that I was an Apple Watch-wearing dick).

I don't want the watch to affect the aura/vibe I emanate! I'm 17 and female, don't know whether it affects anything.

I have one and don't care what people think about it. I think they're fine, they're just like fitbits.

That said I never wear mine as I don't see the point in it over my iPhone!
Reply 7

I've had mine for a while now. I use it mainly to do contactless transactions, which is very convenient when using the tube, buying lunch or even going Nando's. I've had people comment and start conversations in surprise when they see me use it to go through tube barriers or at restaurants, as if I'm from the future or something (their words). Then again, it's rare to see people using a watch to pay for stuff.

It's also nice when driving to be able to hear and talk to people without having to use the phone.
Original post by mashbbk
I've had mine for a while now. I use it mainly to do contactless transactions, which is very convenient when using the tube, buying lunch or even going Nando's. I've had people comment and start conversations in surprise when they see me use it to go through tube barriers or at restaurants, as if I'm from the future or something (their words). Then again, it's rare to see people using a watch to pay for stuff.

It's also nice when driving to be able to hear and talk to people without having to use the phone.

Oh yeah, my partner does the same. The lady in our local coffee shop gets excited every time he comes in lol
Reply 9
Original post by kqsruno
lmao who cares tbh i (and im sure many others) forget those things even exist :p:) no need to be self conscious

I suddenly felt self-conscious when the guy said that, thus felt the need to come on anon :colondollar: Enough people incorrectly assume I'm arrogant, so no need to add to it on here.

Original post by mashbbk

I use it to just track my heart rate, kilometres I've walked and if travelling, I've also used it as a pseudo boarding pass (which was rather cool, I must admit).

I often misplace my phone, so being able to instantly ping it is also incredibly useful.
I couldn't really care less about what other people wear really. Personally I wouldn't get one, as I'd never use most of the features and tbh I think they're pretty ugly.
Reply 11
I don't have anything against people who wear inexpensive watches.

I personally find it a pointless device, but I understand how people might find certain features useful so I have no particular opinion on those who wear it.
I suddenly felt self-conscious when the guy said that, thus felt the need to come on anon :colondollar: Enough people incorrectly assume I'm arrogant, so no need to add to it on here.

I use it to just track my heart rate, kilometres I've walked and if travelling, I've also used it as a pseudo boarding pass (which was rather cool, I must admit).

I often misplace my phone, so being able to instantly ping it is also incredibly useful.

haha aw no dw you dont come off arrogant to me if it makes you feel better!! :smile: Dw I totally get you :smile:
I never pay attention to someone's watch unless it is overly shiny, and then I just think that they are a *******.
Sometimes I think, 'do they actually do anything useful with that?' But that's it really.
Reply 15
Original post by Captain Jack
That said I never wear mine as I don't see the point in it over my iPhone!

I can give it a home! :cool:
I AM NOT HATING. But I find the whole idea of a smart watch absurd. I mean how hard is it pull out the phone out of your pocket. Plus it is a watch. A watch tells time and my £19 Casio can do that fine.
They're a waste of money
Original post by Doonesbury
I can give it a home! :cool:

Sure... for a price 😎
Reply 19
I AM NOT HATING. But I find the whole idea of a smart watch absurd. I mean how hard is it pull out the phone out of your pocket. Plus it is a watch. A watch tells time and my £19 Casio can do that fine.

So a smart watch is bad, but a smart phone is ok... or do you also carry a camera? And a sat nav? And a media playback device?

Oh and your phone also tells the time... so you don't need a watch either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending