The Student Room Group

Will Brown Sikh/Hindu people be attacked because of Muslisms?

Lol as the title says. There's a rise in attacks, especially acid attacks, in response to muslim terrorists bombing innocent civilians.
Reply 1
They already are! Sikhs resemble Muslims (beards snd turbans) so ignorant people attack them. US has seen lots of shootings of Sikhs because of this. Not saying Muslims should be attacked either but mistaken for is frequent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Infallible.
Lol as the title says. There's a rise in attacks, especially acid attacks, in response to muslim terrorists bombing innocent civilians.

Most people can't tell the difference so yes.
Many already have been. there was a hindu man in New York some years ago who was pushed on to the track in front of an oncoming subway train because a woman thought he was muslim and was responsible for terrorism
And in February in Kansas 2 hindu men were shot in a bar because the attacker probably thought they were muslims

There have been many Gurdwaras and sikhs also attacked in USA and Europe because people think they are muslims. One of the first hate crimes after 9/11 was the murder of a Sikh man in Arizona because the attacker mistakenly thought due to the beard and turban that the Sikh man was Muslim.

This is not at all to say that innocent muslims should be attacked for the actions of others either
Original post by Infallible.

I doubt so much in the UK. Sikhs and Hindus have generally integrated well into British culture.
Reply 5
Original post by Cubone-r
I doubt so much in the UK. Sikhs and Hindus have generally integrated well into British culture.

How the fu*k is someone going to tell the difference between them?
Original post by SGHD26716
How the fu*k is someone going to tell the difference between them?

Well for one Sikhs wear turbans, and there's always that old fashioned method of talking to people.
sadly many sikhs and hindus have already been attacked.

i think to resolve this or make it somewhat better than the situation now, many need to be educated to tell the difference between the religions, not that any of them should be attacked anyway, where's all the love gone?
Reply 8
Well for one Sikhs wear turbans, and there's always that old fashioned method of talking to people.

Some muslims wear turbans. Bin Laden wore a turban. Furthermore, not all Sikhs wear turbans

What about Hindus?

Also, the people who carry out these attacks aren't as educated as you are. They see Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus as all the same. All they see is skin colour.
(edited 6 years ago)
tbh I don't think bigots can tell the difference

You really think a racist skinhead is gonna stop and ask before attacking?
Their aim is to kill all brown people because better safe than sorry.
Most of these attackers are uneducated and class all Asians under one category so I think they do. Stay vigilant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending