The Student Room Group

A levels choices I choose

hello, i would like to ask regarding this selection choice

If i chose Maths,Economics, English lit

Which one should i take between these two?
Law or Chemistry ?
and could I get an explanation why i should take one of these two choices?
Reply 1
Original post by 4darkling4

Law or Chemistry ?

To study/do what after your A-levels?

Edit to add: why do 4 A-levels at all? Three is sufficient and only those doing Maths & FM commonly do 4.

Quality not quantity...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2

Law or Chemistry ?

Chemistry. Easy choice.

You don't need law to do law at university. Tells you how useless it is, especially as you're already doing 2 essay subjects

Also chemistry is far far more fun.

Go for chemistry.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
chemistry is very hard at a level - depends on what you want to do in the future though

maybe look through textbooks for each?
Law is not a facilitating subject, top universities prefer you having at least one "hard" traditional subject. Chemistry is a very good subject for a law application, but have you ever considered perhaps adding a second solid essay based subject into the mix?

English Literature, History, Mathematics and Economics is a really good set of subjects for Law.

Tl;dr: Chemistry is far more stronger than Law for a competitive application to decent Law school.

Law or Chemistry ?

Do you know what kind of thing you'd like to do in future? If you check out entry requirements for universities it could help you to decide. Generally chemistry would be the better option, it's what's known as a facilitating subject so will help to keep your options open for university whereas some units actually ignore law as an A level (not many though) and you don't need it to take law as a degree. Ultimately though your other options are strong choices so its important to think about which you'd enjoy (maybe flick through a text book or research the course content?) and what you would be good at. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest