EbonyGx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I struggled throughout college with my attendance due to health issues and my college ended up dropping me from one of my A levels meaning I will only gain two A level qualifications and won't have enough for uni.So I have been looking for other routes to get into uni, I want to do a human geography degree. The only close university to me has a foundation year but that is for physical geography and will be revolving around science and maths which I don't exactly enjoy.So I was wondering whether I could take a foundation year in another subject and then use that to get into the geography degree next year. If not, will take any advice on what to do with my life lmao...
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EbonyGx)
I struggled throughout college with my attendance due to health issues and my college ended up dropping me from one of my A levels meaning I will only gain two A level qualifications and won't have enough for uni.So I have been looking for other routes to get into uni, I want to do a human geography degree. The only close university to me has a foundation year but that is for physical geography and will be revolving around science and maths which I don't exactly enjoy.So I was wondering whether I could take a foundation year in another subject and then use that to get into the geography degree next year. If not, will take any advice on what to do with my life lmao...
generally foundation years would need enough similar modules to let you onto the degree, are you unable to move to one with an appropriate foundation year?
EbonyGx
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
generally foundation years would need enough similar modules to let you onto the degree, are you unable to move to one with an appropriate foundation year?
The closest university that has a human geography degree with foundation year is about an hours drive away, I wasn't really prepared to be going so far away from home. I have the choice to either do what I'm more interested in or to do physical geography for a year and stay close to home and with people I know
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The closest university that has a human geography degree with foundation year is about an hours drive away, I wasn't really prepared to be going so far away from home. I have the choice to either do what I'm more interested in or to do physical geography for a year and stay close to home and with people I know
An hour isn't ideal but if you aren't willing able to move, i think it's a choice between that, doing a degree you wont like as much or you could see if a university will let you do another a level in a year then get a place then (not all universities accept that but since you have extenuating circumstances it could be a possibility.)
EbonyGx
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
An hour isn't ideal but if you aren't willing able to move, i think it's a choice between that, doing a degree you wont like as much or you could see if a university will let you do another a level in a year then get a place then (not all universities accept that but since you have extenuating circumstances it could be a possibility.)
I have been struggling to find a way to do an A level in a year so thought that a foundation year would be my only choice at this point
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have been struggling to find a way to do an A level in a year so thought that a foundation year would be my only choice at this point
if you know the university will accept it, you could find a local school or college that would let you study as a private candidate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (362)
84.19%
No (68)
15.81%

Watched Threads