Social media pettiness

Watch
NOONA.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I was congratulating someone on their graduation as you do on social media, and this person had reacted to most people with a love reaction. The comment I left was one of the few that simply got a like. Should I delete the comment or am I overreacting? I feel humiliated in a sense, although I know it's silly.
Cubone-r
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NOONA.)
So I was congratulating someone on their graduation as you do on social media, and this person had reacted to most people with a love reaction. The comment I left was one of the few that simply got a like. Should I delete the comment or am I overreacting? I feel humiliated in a sense, although I know it's silly.
It is pixels on a screen. Definitely an overreaction on your part.
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wtf lmaoooo
LordBerkut
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They have straight up dissed you. Challenge them to a dance off and if you lose kill their family.
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
On other TSR threads it would be if the person liked them because of the heart reaction.

No pleasing everyone, it honestly isn't that deep :rolleyes:
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Definitely reading into it too much they at least acknowledged your comment so why would you feel humiliated?

I would understand if they ignored the comment on a whole.
ThePricklyOne
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LordBerkut)
They have straight up dissed you. Challenge them to a dance off and if you lose kill their family.

You are God and I bow to you!:adore:
NOONA.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Black Cat)
Definitely reading into it too much they at least acknowledged your comment so why would you feel humiliated?

I would understand if they ignored the comment on a whole.
Just because I know the girl well enough to get a love reaction, I'll assume she wasn't fond of me then. I know I'm overreacting but I'd never do that to anyone close or not you'd get the same sort of reaction.
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you being serious...?
Amefish
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They probably heart reacted to their close friends and family.
loveleest
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dont worry about it too much?
username2130115
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you sound very petty.
MyMagicEyebrow
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just forget about it. Could've been just a simple mistake of pressing the wrong button. But even if it was intentional and it means something, who cares? Just brush it off. The sooner you stop giving a sh*t about what others think of you, the happier you'll be.
zero766
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Christ with everything going on in the world there are definitely valid reasons to be worried/anxious/whatever other emotion... But you are really upset because of a button on social media. Either you need to drag yourself away from social media as you seem very obsessed with it or you just need to calm down a bit and relax.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good grief!!!!
Serious overreaction
So you only posted a message to get a little heart then?
Why do your congratulations need to be loved?
Stop being so obsessed with social media and live a little in the real world!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (813)
42.34%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.69%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads