Happyfish1234
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys, so I am doing my UKCAT this September. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me any good books i can buy to help me prepare for it, and also what have you done to prepare for it. Lastly, I am aware it is quite good to be reading medical related books as you can mention this on your personal statement, is there any good books you recommend?

Thank you!
Potatoo
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
For revision I'd recommend 1250 UKCAT Practice questions book, the official practice papers and if you can afford medify for a week maybe 2. To prepare you gotta practice as many questions as you can. Keep on practising. I'd recommend doing it for about 3-4 weeks. When you start you won't be too good at it but don't let that put you off. Keep on practising and you'll get better.
I don't know anything about any books but don't read books just for the sake of mentioning it in your personal statement. Everyone I know didn't mention anything about any books in their personal statement. Read books that genuinely interest you. With that being said, I'd recommend reading health sections of broadsheet newspapers.
The Medic Portal
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Happyfish1234)
Hey guys, so I am doing my UKCAT this September. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me any good books i can buy to help me prepare for it, and also what have you done to prepare for it. Lastly, I am aware it is quite good to be reading medical related books as you can mention this on your personal statement, is there any good books you recommend?

Thank you!
Hi there!

Practice questions are the best way to prepare for the UKCAT. For your UKCAT preparation, we'd highly recommend using a combination of the practice questions on the official UKCAT website, and our 100% free UKCAT Question Bank - we have thousands of free questions, answer explanations and performance tracking.

For your personal statement and extra reading, we've published a blog on this - Prospective Medical Student's Reading List - so hopefully that should give you some good suggestions!

Hope this helps!
The Medic Portal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
31.17%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.51%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.65%

Watched Threads