The Student Room Group

How to prepare for OCR Computer Science Programming Project?

The programming project is worth 20% of the GCSE and anyone taking OCR Computer Science will be doing it and we get 20 hours (I think) to do a programming task without talking to each other or using the internet.
My teacher has given us a week to create a folder of python code we have previously done in class which we will have access to during the project.
Does anyone know how I can prepare for it so that I can get a 9/9? As of now, OCR have only given a few specimen project tasks to practice from but that is all from what I have seen.
NO INTERNET? WHAT THE ****?! GOOD LUCK! I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISE IF YOU FAIL.

They say you will get 20 hours, when, in reality, majority (if not, everyone) in your class will not be able to complete it within that time and you'll get a lot of extra time.

To prepare for it, I would recommend doing a few problems from Project Euler or a few of those speciman projects. You need to develop a mindset for programming and what better way to do it by solving as many problems as possible. I also recommend planning out how you will structure your coursework document. As you will have no internet, I would download a bunch of websites, save them on your school computer so you can view them as a reference.

Anyway, as you will have no access to the internet, I would just give up becuase you will barely scrape a 5.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
No internet? Oh that's sad man! I know nothing about the new specification because the python project I did was for the old specification. Oh well good luck in passing that assessment mate, trust me you will be lucky to get a C in that coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending