Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women's Euro 2017 official thread Watch

• TSR Support Team

Starting tomorrow the women's Euro 2017 tournement in Holland, England did so well at the last major tournement coming in third place be nice to win it this time but the Germans are the ones to beat, also Scotland are in for the first time as well.

Just a side note though, no negative or sexist comments they will be instantly removed, this is a thread for fans of the women's football.

The low down on all the teams https://www.theguardian.com/football...he-netherlands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Starting tomorrow the women's Euro 2017 tournement in Holland, England did so well at the last major tournement coming in third place be nice to win it this time but the Germans are the ones to beat, also Scotland are in for the first time as well.

Just a side note though, no negative or sexist comments they will be instantly removed, this is a thread for fans of the women's football.

The low down on all the teams https://www.theguardian.com/football...he-netherlands
    Looking forward to it; I'll be watching the game on Wednesday. This tournament's got the bonus of not having to watch the games late at night etc. like the World Cup a few years ago.

The ladies have done so well recently they have to be in with a chance of winning it. Which would go well with how well the youth teams have done lately - especially with the U19s winning the Euros today!
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by clarkey500)
    Looking forward to it; I'll be watching the game on Wednesday. This tournament's got the bonus of not having to watch the games late at night etc. like the World Cup a few years ago.

The ladies have done so well recently they have to be in with a chance of winning it. Which would go well with how well the youth teams have done lately - especially with the U19s winning the Euros today!
    Yes indeed like it was in Canada two years ago, England V Scotland will be facinating.

ReputationRep:
    Yes indeed like it was in Canada two years ago, England V Scotland will be facinating.
    That goal from Japan in like the last minute...

It will be; such a rivalry! Hoping that the Lionesses win it though. Although, it would be nice if both got through to the knock out round. Especially when the other 2 in the group are bordering countries (Spain and Portugal).
    • TSR Support Team

That goal from Japan in like the last minute...

It will be; such a rivalry! Hoping that the Lionesses win it though. Although, it would be nice if both got through to the knock out round. Especially when the other 2 in the group are bordering countries (Spain and Portugal).
    I remember that game against Japan it were so cruel

ReputationRep:
    I remember that game against Japan it were so cruel
    Very. Hopefully, they can build from it though and use it as a stepping stone in their development.
    • TSR Support Team

Very. Hopefully, they can build from it though and use it as a stepping stone in their development.
    Definitely the experience and the run they had at the last World Cup can only help them grow.

ReputationRep:
    England should win it I think. Scotland women are in a major tournament, showing the men how it's done, so that's an achievement in itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by DanielCross)
    England should win it I think. Scotland women are in a major tournament, showing the men how it's done, so that's an achievement in itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think Germany may have a bit too much

ReputationRep:
    I think Germany may have a bit too much
    Maybe. Let's hope not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by DanielCross)
    Maybe. Let's hope not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed, to be fair England have a great chance

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, to be fair England have a great chance
    They do! I reckon it will be England v Germany in the final (providing both teams top their groups - which they should do, although Sweden in Germany's group could challenge them for that top spot).

France should win their group which would put them in Germany's half of the knockouts (providing the above) so hopefully we will avoid them altogether unless they get to the final.

Should be a good competition this as it's 16 teams and not the bore that was half of the men's Euros last year...
    • TSR Support Team

They do! I reckon it will be England v Germany in the final (providing both teams top their groups - which they should do, although Sweden in Germany's group could challenge them for that top spot).

France should win their group which would put them in Germany's half of the knockouts (providing the above) so hopefully we will avoid them altogether unless they get to the final.

Should be a good competition this as it's 16 teams and not the bore that was half of the men's Euros last year...
    Be curious to see how the hosts get on

ReputationRep:
    6-0, what a fantastic start for England! Things are looking promising so far, although there was a few over hit passes that could be improved upon - which is probably the only downside so far. Onward and upwards.

Scotland need to bundle together and stay strong for their game against Portugal.

Good game!
    • TSR Support Team

6-0, what a fantastic start for England! Things are looking promising so far, although there was a few over hit passes that could be improved upon - which is probably the only downside so far. Onward and upwards.

Scotland need to bundle together and stay strong for their game against Portugal.

Good game!
    Fantastic performance from the team need to keep this going

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic performance from the team need to keep this going
    It certainly does give a huge statement to the other teams at the tournament.
    • TSR Support Team

Today's games Norway v Belgium then it is the hosts Netherlands v Denmark

ReputationRep:
    Norway are pretty much out of the tournament :gasp: Being quarter Norwegian I'm not happy about this :sad: Nowadays they seem to be almost on the same level as their male counterparts.
    • TSR Support Team

England v Spain shortly, big surprise about Norway, expected better from them

(Original post by day 481516)
    Norway are pretty much out of the tournament :gasp: Being quarter Norwegian I'm not happy about this :sad: Nowadays they seem to be almost on the same level as their male counterparts.

ReputationRep:
    Jodie Taylor is on form!

England win 2-0 vs Spain!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.