Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Wanted to hear everyone's thoughts about the UCAS process as we wait for results.

I do not know which course I'll be studying at which uni, in which city and I do not know where I will be staying... surely this isn't the best way to do it? I can't plan anything until like a month before I go?!
    Some of my friends have their place confirmed and know which flat number they're in with the other students and most of us don't even know which course we're doing!
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by rndmtngr99)
    Hi,

Wanted to hear everyone's thoughts about the UCAS process as we wait for results.

I do not know which course I'll be studying at which uni, in which city and I do not know where I will be staying... surely this isn't the best way to do it? I can't plan anything until like a month before I go?!
    Some of my friends have their place confirmed and know which flat number they're in with the other students and most of us don't even know which course we're doing!
    Whats your alternative? At some stage you have to sit exams and at some stage you get the results.

Its worked all these years am not seeing the problem.

You have a good idea of which two courses you might be doing but you have to pass the exams. If you prepared properly then you are more likely to have done well, thats on you.

ReputationRep:
    After all, there's nothing to stop you or anyone from not applying until you've got your results and having a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    Presumably OP this means you got no offers? What happened? Did your choices not align with your predicted grades?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.