Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Opinion Poll: Could you survive student life without The Student Room? Watch

• View Poll Results: Could you survive without TSR?
    No, I am totally dependent upon modern technology
    8.33%
    Yes, I'm just hear for a laugh
    44.44%
    It has its uses I suppose
    47.22%

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested to know since I strongly believe that this generation is too dependant upon modern technology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony Manero)
    I'm interested to know since I strongly believe that this generation is too dependant upon modern technology.
    Is that a bad thing though?

Why make life harder for yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Is that a bad thing though?

Why make life harder for yourself?
    What do you mean? How would it make life harder?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean? How would it make life harder?
    Your question about this generation relying on modern technology.

It's easier to use technology. For example, if you need directions to a particular place you use your smartphone don't you. No one uses a map if they have technology because it is easier to use your phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Your question about this generation relying on modern technology.

It's easier to use technology. For example, if you need directions to a particular place you use your smartphone don't you. No one uses a map if they have technology because it is easier to use your phone.
    I see what you are saying but it still is relying upon the technology.

ReputationRep:
    Of course,this website is sort of dead tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But what I'm saying is why is relying on technology a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    That's the question he is asking you: Why is it a bad thing? Why make your life more inconvenient?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
    That's the question he is asking you: Why is it a bad thing? Why make your life more inconvenient?
    It's not a bad thing to a certain extent such as practical uses such as directions but as far as social media and such stuff is concerned that is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a bad thing to a certain extent such as practical uses such as directions but as far as social media and such stuff is concerned that is pointless.
    Why is it pointless? That I'm keeping in touch with my friend who is in Crete at the moment? That I'm organising when I'm meeting my friend tomorrow? That I'm seeing pictures from my friend's holiday in Geneva? I just don't get this constant slating, usually from the older generations, about how social media is "pointless" and making us "less social" when 90% of the time, it's the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it pointless? That I'm keeping in touch with my friend who is in Crete at the moment? That I'm organising when I'm meeting my friend tomorrow? That I'm seeing pictures from my friend's holiday in Geneva? I just don't get this constant slating, usually from the older generations, about how social media is "pointless" and making us "less social" when 90% of the time, it's the opposite.
    Why would you want to look at someone's holiday snap over a computer screen? I'd much prefer to see then when I was with the person.

No in fact I am 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby147)
    Of course,this website is sort of dead tbh.
    it used to be alot more lively!

dont worry. we're here now

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to look at someone's holiday snap over a computer screen? I'd much prefer to see then when I was with the person.

No in fact I am 16.
    How else am I going to see pictures of someone's holiday? Through Polaroid pictures? It's so much easier to see them on a computer screen. As far as I'm concerned, I couldn't give less of a sh*t how I see someone else's holiday photos when I'm not present with them.

ReputationRep:
    How else am I going to see pictures of someone's holiday? Through Polaroid pictures? It's so much easier to see them on a computer screen. As far as I'm concerned, I couldn't give less of a sh*t how I see someone else's holiday photos when I'm not present with them.
    Well isn't that sad. I'd much rather the friendlier approach of meeting up and seeing the physical pictures.

ReputationRep:
    Well isn't that sad. I'd much rather the friendlier approach of meeting up and seeing the physical pictures.
    How are you gonna organise that meet up? And how are you going to look at the "physical pictures"?

ReputationRep:
    How are you gonna organise that meet up? And how are you going to look at the "physical pictures"?
    Have you heard of the telephone. A letter even.

I came here less when i was a student :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    I came here less when i was a student :lol:
    Haha!

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard of the telephone. A letter even.
    :stupid::stupid:

ReputationRep:
    :stupid::stupid:
    Haha! Pathetic

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.