Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

i hate finding referees... Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've applied for this volunteering job but I need 2 referees and I dont really know who to put. I worked at another job last year but I dont have the manager's email or number. Do I have to ask someone to be my reference before putting them down. I know that sounds like a stupid thing to ask but if any has advice, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownUKB)
    So I've applied for this volunteering job but I need 2 referees and I dont really know who to put. I worked at another job last year but I dont have the manager's email or number. Do I have to ask someone to be my reference before putting them down. I know that sounds like a stupid thing to ask but if any has advice, thank you!
    Yeah you should give people a heads up before putting them down as a reference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckystars)
    Yeah you should give people a heads up before putting them down as a reference
    Thank you
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownUKB)
    Make sure when you ask someone for a reference, you make it clear its for multiple jobs eg "I'm applying for a few jobs at the moment. Could I use you as a referee for them please?" Not, "Please can you be my referee for a Tesco application?"

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.