Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Unsure what to do in September? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was doing a levels and dropped out earlier this year because I picked the wrong subjects and I didn’t enjoy them. I was planning to go to another college to do a different course and I went to the induction recently. It is a nice college but it is slightly too far away for me and the journey is at least 1 hour to get there and I will have to catch 2 buses.

I was thinking to go back to my old college to redo my a levels with different subjects but the idea of starting a levels all over again is far from appealing and I am not sure if my old college will take me back.

I was also thinking to do a BTEC instead and there's a few which appeal to me. I was looking into apprenticeships however, there aren’t any that interest me at the moment. I’m really confused right now and don’t know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph120)
    I was doing a levels and dropped out earlier this year because I picked the wrong subjects and I didn’t enjoy them. I was planning to go to another college to do a different course and I went to the induction recently. It is a nice college but it is slightly too far away for me and the journey is at least 1 hour to get there and I will have to catch 2 buses.

I was thinking to go back to my old college to redo my a levels with different subjects but the idea of starting a levels all over again is far from appealing and I am not sure if my old college will take me back.

I was also thinking to do a BTEC instead and there's a few which appeal to me. I was looking into apprenticeships however, there aren’t any that interest me at the moment. I’m really confused right now and don’t know what to do.
    What are your ultimate career goals? This will help to determine whether you need A-levels or whether it's possible to do an apprenticeship/BTEC. It will also help to decide which A-level subjects you need if you do choose to go back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph120)
    I was looking into apprenticeships however, there aren’t any that interest me at the moment. I’m really confused right now and don’t know what to do.
    Apprenticeship positions generally open between December and May to start in September, so you kinda missed the boat on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addingishard)
    What are your ultimate career goals? This will help to determine whether you need A-levels or whether it's possible to do an apprenticeship/BTEC. It will also help to decide which A-level subjects you need if you do choose to go back
    Honestly I don't actually know what my career goals are. I wanted go to uni but I'm not sure I want to go anymore as I believe it might not be for me. Ideally at the moment, I would like to go back into education and get some qualifications. Then after go straight to work so that's why I'm thinking to do a BTEC instead.

However, there's a bit of me that wants to have another go at A-Levels with different subjects but I'm scared that my commitment levels will drop like earlier this year and I will end up collapsing again before the end of the academic year. With that said, this could happen if I do a BTEC.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.