Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Is natural sciences at Cambridge a possibility? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to do natural sciences at Cambridge but I'm only doing A-Level biology and chemistry. I feel like I have many other redeeming qualities that they might also consider and I have portfolios and projects related to biology work experience and computer science to prove it. How much will my lack of a maths A-Level hinder my chances?

ReputationRep:
    Do you only do two A levels ??
    And also Doonesbury and Reality Check are better qualified than me to answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby147)
    Do you only do two A levels ??
    And also Doonesbury and Reality Check are better qualified than me to answer.
    I meant I only have two science A levels. My third one is french.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammimi)
    I'm hoping to do natural sciences at Cambridge but I'm only doing A-Level biology and chemistry. I feel like I have many other redeeming qualities that they might also consider and I have portfolios and projects related to biology work experience and computer science to prove it. How much will my lack of a maths A-Level hinder my chances?
    You don't have to have maths A level at certain colleges for biological NatSci, but it restricts your choices. It's not possible to do physical natsci without Maths A Level, and it's extremely unusual to only have 2 maths/science A levels and be admitted for NatSci.

Until this year, you would have taken EMB (Elementary Maths for Biologists), but now you take a modified version of the common first-year maths course for NatScis, maths/mathematical biology, which involves 20-40 hours of self-study.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.