Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Applying to GEM in final year or after a gap year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Optimist)
    That's great! I wish you all the best!
    Thanks! Are you doing a pharmacy degree ATM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Thanks! Are you doing a pharmacy degree ATM?
    I have just graduated I'll be starting my pre-reg on Monday. Pharmacy, even though it going through some tough times still offers great opportunities. Therefore if I don't get into medicine at least I still have a good degree. How are you finding medicine?

ReputationRep:
    I have just graduated I'll be starting my pre-reg on Monday. Pharmacy, even though it going through some tough times still offers great opportunities. Therefore if I don't get into medicine at least I still have a good degree. How are you finding medicine?
    Many congratulations! And best of luck come Monday! First year was enjoyable but I really didn't immerse myself into all of the content as I had initially planned (too many nights out :/.) So I see second year as a real chance to fully appreciate the degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Many congratulations! And best of luck come Monday! First year was enjoyable but I really didn't immerse myself into all of the content as I had initially planned (too many nights out :/.) So I see second year as a real chance to fully appreciate the degree.
    Thanks I think spending the first year enjoying yourself is not that bad. First year is always the most easiest year and it's the time you spend settling in. Just make sure you focus yourself in the coming years. That does not mean not having fun, but just means have a set time for your studies. Your first few years are your pre-clinical years where you're taught much of the science behind the therapies etc. These are very important and getting a good handle on them now will help you greatly in your clinical years. I know this because of my experiences with medical students. If you ever need any info etc with regards to drugs etc let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I think spending the first year enjoying yourself is not that bad. First year is always the most easiest year and it's the time you spend settling in. Just make sure you focus yourself in the coming years. That does not mean not having fun, but just means have a set time for your studies. Your first few years are your pre-clinical years where you're taught much of the science behind the therapies etc. These are very important and getting a good handle on them now will help you greatly in your clinical years. I know this because of my experiences with medical students. If you ever need any info etc with regards to drugs etc let me know.
    Thanks a lot mate! Appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    Any other advice for me lol

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.