Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm 17 years of age and a 6th form student -currently studying science A Levels.

I have recently received an offer to come to an interview for the position of a medical records administer at a local NHS hospital. The interview is on the 21/07 (next friday).

It's my first ever formal interview which would take place face-to-face (I've had other interviews via video conferencing).

I'm pretty nervous -is there any advice which you could give me?

What type of questions will I be asked?
    What will happen on the day?

I've had lots of previous NHS experience under well-known senior consultants and their teams (2 clinical placements and 1 administrative placement).

I've been offered jobs and interviews of different job sectors, however, this is a position which I would really love to take up. I really want the job!

I've also been placed on a reserve candidate interview list for another role within the NHS which deals with blood donation. Could someone explain what this means in a bit of detail?

All advice and tips welcome.
    Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raiiiraiii)
    Hi,

I'm 17 years of age and a 6th form student -currently studying science A Levels.

I have recently received an offer to come to an interview for the position of a medical records administer at a local NHS hospital. The interview is on the 21/07 (next friday).

It's my first ever formal interview which would take place face-to-face (I've had other interviews via video conferencing).

I'm pretty nervous -is there any advice which you could give me?

What type of questions will I be asked?
    What will happen on the day?

I've had lots of previous NHS experience under well-known senior consultants and their teams (2 clinical placements and 1 administrative placement).

I've been offered jobs and interviews of different job sectors, however, this is a position which I would really love to take up. I really want the job!

I've also been placed on a reserve candidate interview list for another role within the NHS which deals with blood donation. Could someone explain what this means in a bit of detail?

All advice and tips welcome.
    Thanks
    First of all, check Glassdoor for interview reviews. It's a good way of preparing so you get an idea on what is likely to be asked.
    https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Intervie...ons-E12873.htm

You should familiarise yourself with the NHS and the role you have applied to. Research the organisation and talk about projects or anything innovative that they have done.

Answer competency based questions using the STAR format
    https://www.theguardian.com/careers/...ased-interview

But the best thing to do is to relax and not panic.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.