Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is the Dark web real? Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanel_666)
    do u have any scary stories to tell about ur adventures
    No. Haven't actually been on it😂 I've done my research though and heard some of those "scary stories". It's a dangerous place and if you don't know what you're doing you can get into big trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moni02)
    Anyone had any scary experiences whilst on the 'dark web' ? I've heard stories of the live torture videos and body parts for sale from some people but I don't know if they're being dramatic or not
    I've had friends that have bought drugs on it with no real problems. They're usually disguised in everyday pharmaceutical consumerables like ibuprofen or contraception.

I was told a story from another friend that a guy he knew was on the deep web, left his computer on and went to the shops. Came back to his computer and on the web page was a picture of him at the shops he was at moments ago. I don't know if that story is true though

ReputationRep:
    I just read news articles on those things it's true
    ah well it looks like they weren't lying to me then they said they mostly saw drugs and illegal steroids among other not so bad things, but they did once stumble upon some messed up stuff that I won't even mention...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WWEaboo)
    You'd probably want more than a couple proxies lmao.
    Going on the dark web running windows is basically computer suicide from what I've heard.
    Just don't do it.
    Don't be an idiot.
    One or two proxies won't be that hard for some hacker to break through to find your real IP.
    yeah never use windows you'd need to use tor or 12p or change your os to tails

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    No. Haven't actually been on it😂 I've done my research though and heard some of those "scary stories". It's a dangerous place and if you don't know what you're doing you can get into big trouble
    okkkk but I'm so curious now that ik it's real

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirko)
    I've had friends that have bought drugs on it with no real problems. They're usually disguised in everyday pharmaceutical consumerables like ibuprofen or contraception.

I was told a story from another friend that a guy he knew was on the deep web, left his computer on and went to the shops. Came back to his computer and on the web page was a picture of him at the shops he was at moments ago. I don't know if that story is true though
    LOL looks like i'll have to pass up on having a quick stroll deep into the web ))))))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _princessxox)
    yeah never use windows you'd need to use tor or 12p or change your os to tails
    why do u know so much about this LOL
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Proceed at your own risk

ReputationRep:
    why do u know so much about this LOL
    my ex wasn't completely useless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirko)
    how is that possible though

ReputationRep:
    my ex wasn't completely useless
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Proceed at your own risk
    i might

ReputationRep:
    If you must then go on reddit.com/r/tor

ReputationRep:
    the so called Dark Web is just sites which are not accessible to search engines like Gogirl. your private messages folder on TSR is part of the Dark Web.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    the so called Dark Web is just sites which are not accessible to search engines like Gogirl. your private messages folder on TSR is part of the Dark Web.
    Think your talking about the deep web. Dark web is different I believe,

ReputationRep:
    i might
    ffs

ReputationRep:
    how is that possible though
    No idea... I have my doubts it happened

What you gonna do on the darkweb? It's laggy af you won't be able to do much anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirko)
    If you must then go on reddit.com/r/tor
    idkkk what i'm doing ngl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirko)
    No idea... I have my doubts it happened

What you gonna do on the darkweb? It's laggy af you won't be able to do much anyway
    I just wanna see it

ReputationRep:
    ffs
    how do I do the safety stuff

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.