Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is the Dark web real? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Been on it, it's way overhyped. Just the fringes of the internet really. A lot of scams and weird stuff on there but there's a few interesting/rather normal websites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirko)
    Fam, you're gonna probably stumble on a live stream coat hanger abortion. Allow it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanel_666)
    so theres a difference between the deep and dark web
    The Dark Web is a part of Deep web

Deep web is actually the main part of my study, that's why I know a lot about it.

(Original post by CuriousSherlock)
    Having read this whole thread, I'm now extremely curious I just want to see it.

Is a proxy absolutely necessary (not my area of expertise)? Heeeelp.
    I would highly suggest against visit of the deep web, because the slightest mistake could put you into a FBI honeypot or you could possibly get hacked by the most brutal hackers on the deep web.

However about your question... please read my post earlier, I will quote it here for you. I've explained everything here

(Original post by Steljoy)
    Yes. There are few layers to the web, the Surface web and the Deep web.

A part of the deep web is called Dark Net/Dark web, this is the Dark side of the internet and what happens there is pretty nasty! They can only be accessed with certain browsers such as TOR. One of the most notable Operating systems is Tails which is a linux distro, created by the developers of TOR.

TOR uses onion routing(long story short, your data goes through three nodes, the Guard Node, Relay Node and the Exit Node) to conceal the user/server location so that they can stay anonymous.

The good news is, most of the Dark Net is Scam, what you hear/see on YouTube videos are fake. Because the real websites are truly hidden and they can be only visited by private invitation. Some of them are FBI Honeypots which are designed to full criminals into giving their location away, so that FBI can arrest them.

Stay safe and don't visit the deep web without having the expertise in the area. It can be a dark place

what does that do
    I was just joking about that but if you didn't know what that does then I wouldn't bother going on the dark web

It just closes your tabs/windows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperialistic)
    Reminds me of an experience I had when I was like 14.
    I found a .onion link on YouTube and didn't know how to open it, I then downloaded TOR and after copy/pasting the address in the address bar, and hitting 'enter', a video appeared.

Now I can't really remember it but it was somewhere in Brazil or Mexico or something, the story was that some kid stole food or something... The local mob forced him out of his house, put a tyre around his neck, doused him in spirit or alcohol or something and then he suddenly lit on fire. That was the first time in my life and only time I become traumatised, I quickly scrolled down to the comments for some reassurance on it being fake, but people were only talking about how the tyre would melt onto him, so the fire couldn't be put out. He was around 5 years old, I can still hear his screams to this day...
    Oh,you mean necklacing ?
    It is more common than you think,especially it is frequent in Africa,especially during apartheid South Africa to punish black collaborators of apartheid.

ReputationRep:

:rofl:
    proxies hide ur ip so yes but there's more precautions u have to take that _princessxox won't tell me how to do

Spoiler:
    Show

p.s. don't derail my thread with anything sexual please

ReputationRep:
    the cops will be waiting for you....

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...n-the-dark-web

ReputationRep:
    i am intrigued
    Of course it's real. I looked at the dark web at a public library when I was 17. Reason being, I didn't want the government to track my home address for suspicious activity, so I used it at the library so no one specific person could be blamed since hundreds of people use the public library.

It's very easy to order drugs online through the dark web. That's what bitcoins are used for (mostly).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby147)
    Oh,you mean necklacing ?
    It is more common than you think,especially it is frequent in Africa,especially during apartheid South Africa to punish black collaborators of apartheid.
    Yeah, but what surprised me the most was when the locals didn't give a single **** about it, like it happened every day for them.

Nowadays I see these videos everywhere, and gore doesn't really faze me that much... But it always depends on the backstory.

ReputationRep:

Proxies are advised but not necessary. I have accessed 4/5 marketplaces multiple times without a proxy and have had no problems.

For a quick browse just download TOR and find a site you want to visit.

Reminds me of an experience I had when I was like 14.
    I found a .onion link on YouTube and didn't know how to open it, I then downloaded TOR and after copy/pasting the address in the address bar, and hitting 'enter', a video appeared.

Now I can't really remember it but it was somewhere in Brazil or Mexico or something, the story was that some kid stole food or something... The local mob forced him out of his house, put a tyre around his neck, doused him in spirit or alcohol or something and then he suddenly lit on fire. That was the first time in my life and only time I become traumatised, I quickly scrolled down to the comments for some reassurance on it being fake, but people were only talking about how the tyre would melt onto him, so the fire couldn't be put out. He was around 5 years old, I can still hear his screams to this day...
    Wtf

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but what surprised me the most was when the locals didn't give a single **** about it, like it happened every day for them.

Nowadays I see these videos everywhere, and gore doesn't really faze me that much... But it always depends on the backstory.
    Probably not the first time the locals witnessed or did it.
    Yeah,messed up world we live in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar717)
    Livestream torture may be true, but not through Tor.
    yeah definitely not through tor but I'm pretty sure they're still accessible like in the Peter Scully case

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but gore is also on the clearnet. I remember loads of videos that went viral like beheadings and those eastern european kids that hit someone with a hammer until death.

ReputationRep:
    proxies hide ur ip so yes but there's more precautions u have to take that _princessxox won't tell me how to do

Spoiler:
    Show

p.s. don't derail my thread with anything sexual please

I'm not helping you bc you will 100% get into trouble lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirko)
    Yeah but gore is also on the clearnet. I remember loads of videos that went viral like beheadings and those eastern european kids that hit someone with a hammer until death.
    4 guys, 1 hammer? That **** got spread around when I was in school, haunting video.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirko)
    wasn't the last one on liveleak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castro Saint)
    4 guys, 1 hammer? That **** got spread around when I was in school, haunting video.
    yeah, that's the one...

(Original post by _princessxox)
    wasn't the last one on liveleak
    it was everywhere, I can't remember where I watched it. it's probably still floating around somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castro Saint)
    Just watched it. How the hell did he survive through most of that torture? These guys got life sentences too. RIP their buttholes in prison.

ReputationRep:
    ofc lol

dont go there unless youre a computer geek (you shouldnt go there even then tbh)

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.