Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey there.

Yesterday I received my confirmation of finance, but it seems that it's only been calculated for the absolute minimum, and not at all based on my family income. Is this usual, or should I call on Monday to see what's up?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotallyNotMikey)
    Hey there.

Yesterday I received my confirmation of finance, but it seems that it's only been calculated for the absolute minimum, and not at all based on my family income. Is this usual, or should I call on Monday to see what's up?
    Have your parents sent off their income information?

SFE will always make an initial assessment without any income assessment (so you're guaranteed quickly to get the minimum loan amount) and will then reassess upwards when the income details are provided.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Have your parents sent off their income information?

SFE will always make an initial assessment without any income assessment (so you're guaranteed quickly to get the minimum loan amount) and will then reassess upwards when the income details are provided.
    My mother was asked to send her P60 late last week, we sent it off on the Friday (7th July). Apart from that, we've been asked for no other evidence. Since it seems that they begin with a minimum amount, would it be best to wait a week and then check again, before getting in contact with SFE?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotallyNotMikey)
    My mother was asked to send her P60 late last week, we sent it off on the Friday (7th July). Apart from that, we've been asked for no other evidence. Since it seems that they begin with a minimum amount, would it be best to wait a week and then check again, before getting in contact with SFE?
    Keep an eye on your online to do list. That will let you know if there's any delays.

Last week SFE reps said assessments were taking around 18 days so it's worth waiting another week and a half before getting worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Keep an eye on your online to do list. That will let you know if there's any delays.

Last week SFE reps said assessments were taking around 18 days so it's worth waiting another week and a half before getting worried.
    Alrighty, I'll do just that. Right now there's no 'to do' list, but I'll be sure to check every day for the next week and a bit. Thanks for the advice.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.