Is Psychology easier or Sociology A-Level easier?

Watch
Hedgehog2017
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Sociology is harder as there are a lot of essay questions but a lot of people say Psychology is harder.Which subject do you find harder?
Muserock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did both Sociology and Psychology and was better in Sociology but that was because I was stronger at Social Science rather than the science side of Psychology.
Cubone-r
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hedgehog2017)
Sociology is harder as there are a lot of essay questions but a lot of people say Psychology is harder.Which subject do you find harder?
I would say Sociology is harder because not even the academics working in that field know what is going on there.
AlishaS786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think there's a lot of content in both but sociology because psychology also has maths in it like standard deviation etc. I see more people in college atm stressing about psychology than sociology. Hope I helped. Good luck!!
steph_diep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Psychology is super content heavy but so is Sociology, however Psychology has a biopsychology section where you have to do quite a bit of actual biology and also has a research methods section where maths is involved, so if you're not keen on science or maths maybe choose sociology

I really enjoyed psychology though, interesting subjext
username2244141
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sociology is easier
moni02
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I take sociology and one of my close friends takes both psychology and sociology and she said that Psychology is more in-depth when it comes to knowledge but however sociology is in a way more difficult as there is a lot of writing involved (4,6,10,12,20,30 markers). It just depends on wether you are stronger at learning a lot of knowledge or writing essays. Also, although the essay part sounds off-putting, it is so much easier if you just know how to structure the essay and the knowledge that needs to be used. I will say that in my opinion, sociology is very interesting and is in some ways just general knowledge
icequeenTM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Muserock)
I did both Sociology and Psychology and was better in Sociology but that was because I was stronger at Social Science rather than the science side of Psychology.
There is a science side to both? I'm pretty sure they both go through the evolution of science and go over s*** loads of research methods
icequeenTM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You've got to understand that ALL a levels are hard. Instead of worrying about which one is harder, perhaps research each subject in terms of what the content involves. If you find one intriguing, it's likely you will do well in it trust me. You won't even be aware that it's hard.

BTW I did both. Couldn't choose at all they both intrigued me hahahaha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
9.64%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (54)
65.06%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
14.46%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (8)
9.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.2%

Watched Threads