Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm choosing my 5th choice for university and I'm stuck between Newcastle and Manchester for Law. So which one is better? Student satisfaction, night life, accommodation, course, etc. Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Sunset891)
    I'm choosing my 5th choice for university and I'm stuck between Newcastle and Manchester for Law. So which one is better? Student satisfaction, night life, accommodation, course, etc. Thanks
    Personally for academics id pick Manchester and for social/ living then id pick Newcastle. They are both RG, but as its only your 5th choice then it wont matter as you are likely to make the grades of your firm or insurance before you get to either. Seems to be a waste to go through a full run down. If they still spark your interest then go to the open days. they are both good unis.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester.
    I had a friend visiting from Newscastle and he visibly preferred the city of Manchester.
    Night life is a lot better

ReputationRep:
    Manchester... the greatest city on earth.

We've got everything except a beach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Personally for academics id pick Manchester and for social/ living then id pick Newcastle. They are both RG, but as its only your 5th choice then it wont matter as you are likely to make the grades of your firm or insurance before you get to either. Seems to be a waste to go through a full run down. If they still spark your interest then go to the open days. they are both good unis.
    The academics are no different.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    The academics are no different.
    If you say so. I'd pick Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I'd pick Manchester.
    You made that point before, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArBell)
    Manchester.
    I had a friend visiting from Newscastle and he visibly preferred the city of Manchester.
    Night life is a lot better
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)

If i had to choose I would pick Manchester. The only thing I can think of as a drawback is the invasion of the glory seekers each fortnight to watch the team in red shirts from Trafford.

ReputationRep:

and the weathers sh*te, it's raining right now and it's mid-july ffs.although it was quite hot before in truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    If i had to choose I would pick Manchester. The only thing I can think of as a drawback is the invasion of the glory seekers each fortnight to watch the team in red shirts from Trafford.
    After the past three seasons we've had, the only glory hunters you will see in Manchester wiill be on the blue half of Manchester.

Keep telling youself that pal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzakalinle)
    and the weathers sh*te, it's raining right now and it's mid-july ffs.although it was quite hot before in truth.
    Are you a Manc?

ReputationRep:
    Are you a Manc?
    yup

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle. But I'm a born and bred Geordie 😉

ReputationRep:
    yup
    What you supporting Arsenal for then :lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding, yeah the weather is awful at the moment considering it's supposed to be summer.

ReputationRep:
    What you supporting Arsenal for then :lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding, yeah the weather is awful at the moment considering it's supposed to be summer.
    nah it got passed down to me from family

worst thing is I actually like the bad weather. I miss it so bad if I'm on holiday somewhere hot lmao

ReputationRep:
    nah it got passed down to me from family

worst thing is I actually like the bad weather. I miss it so bad if I'm on holiday somewhere hot lmao
    Yeh true true, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in UK.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.