Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much more attractive are guys who have athletic/muscular bodies? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    She'll get one once I feel sorry for my actions.
    Better be quick

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Dysfunctional family
    Oh, yes we are blood related.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer rounder/fuller women for sure!
    lol oki

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Fine. Here it is. StrawbEm

Spoiler:
    Show

LOL. Joke

Spoiler:
    Show

It's in the next one

Spoiler:
    Show

That was a "joke"

Spoiler:
    Show

Why even bother to open it?

Spoiler:
    Show

Just give up. Seriously.

I'm disappointed in you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbEm)
    I'm disappointed in you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, I apologize on behalf of him.

ReputationRep:
    Signing off
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    Oh, yes we are blood related.
    Incest is wincest tho amirite?

ReputationRep:
    People in here argue as if getting physically fit, won't affect your face. It will. I've a chubbyish face and look like a cartoon. When I lose body fat and gain muscle, I look better not solely 'cos of increased body muscle but also 'cos my face gets a little less cartoonish and a little more defined.

You can't satisfy everyone anyway. If you get ripped, most girls will find you more attractive (despite what they see on here, it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise) but maybe the girl you want might be "meh, don't care either way".

So, do what makes you happy. If you're happier when you look ripped, go for it. I'd prefer to be ripped all day. If you however are happier being skinny, be that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    Same here, I apologize on behalf of him.
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gaining muscle won't make your face better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black1blade)
    Maybe it's not just the muscles but the determination to work hard that girls like?
    No, it's definitely the muscles. Before the 1900s, guys had much denser bones and usually worked very physical blue collar jobs. People didn't have to work out, their job WAS the workout. People invented aerobics and such to compensate for the lack of physical activity people were getting.

Look at this photos of the Australian aboriginals:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bzD2JZ6niMM/hqdefault.jpg
    https://totallycoolpix.com/images/tc..._tcp_large.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tapir)
    No, it's definitely the muscles. Before the 1900s, guys had much denser bones and usually worked very physical blue collar jobs. People didn't have to work out, their job WAS the workout. People invented aerobics and such to compensate for the lack of physical activity people were getting.
    Yeah obviously muscles are hot but working hard is also an attractive quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    People in here argue as if getting physically fit, won't affect your face. It will. I've a chubbyish face and look like a cartoon. When I lose body fat and gain muscle, I look better not solely 'cos of increased body muscle but also 'cos my face gets a little less cartoonish and a little more defined.

You can't satisfy everyone anyway. If you get ripped, most girls will find you more attractive (despite what they see on here, it's ridiculous to suggest otherwise) but maybe the girl you want might be "meh, don't care either way".

So, do what makes you happy. If you're happier when you look ripped, go for it. I'd prefer to be ripped all day. If you however are happier being skinny, be that.
    Agreed losing body fat in general makes the face look so much better, even if you don't notice it or people you see daily, people who haven't seen you in ages pick up the difference immediately.

If a guy has a good body physique then it would be hard to say he's ugly regardless of face unless there's some birth defect or something. Sure your face might not be your best feature and it might be awful but if you're in good shape it's hard to go to far wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Athletic from professional sports is different from gym muscles. Most sports won't result in huge muscles everywhere, but the overall effect will probably be more pleasant. However, to practice a sport enough that it shapes your body, you have to put in serious time so it's necessary that you like it for other reasons too. Body can increase your attractiveness by 2 for everyone and by 3 for certain girls. But again, if you overtrain at the gym and get too big and bulky, not everyone will find you attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tapir)
    Professional sport? It's not professional unless you get payed. Anyway, yes in general girls prefer guys that are slim or muscular than fat guys. Currently I'm 1.82m and about 75kg, but I used to be 105kg. I lost a lot of weight by jogging.

You don't have to be super buff like you play rugby, but swimmers and guys who run track will still get more attention from girls than guys that are flabby.

I think I might've injured my fibula when I was jogging, so I can't jog atm. I'm bummed about it cause I'm already gaining back weight. Honestly, I think swimming is the safest way to stay in shape. You're much more likely to get injured running and doing other sports.

Edit: Apparently WoodyMKC only lifts for an hour and half at a time. He could be lying, but ask him yourself. He's definitely in shape.
    Bro some thing happened to me so I have to just walk atm, I think it might have been my shoes, probs need to invest in a good pair on running shoes

ReputationRep:
    Furthermore, you can do many things to take care of your aspect without focusing on muscles. You can take care of your skin, diet and health, for example. And, most of all, dress well. At the end, it's not only about the looks, so you can also focus on other aspects too.

I think it's not worth it (on the contrary, quite miserable) to put in such effort only/mainly for girls. Sex isnt really worth that much and you can get it in other ways too. As per serious relationships, those aren't founded on muscles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexp98)
    Bro some thing happened to me so I have to just walk atm, I think it might have been my shoes, probs need to invest in a good pair on running shoes
    You might want to get some "shock absorbing" insoles for your running shoes try running on dirt/grass instead or on a treadmill. I wore skateboard shoes (Vans) and jogged on concrete. That probably caused the stress fracture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexp98)
    Agreed losing body fat in general makes the face look so much better, even if you don't notice it or people you see daily, people who haven't seen you in ages pick up the difference immediately.

If a guy has a good body physique then it would be hard to say he's ugly regardless of face unless there's some birth defect or something. Sure your face might not be your best feature and it might be awful but if you're in good shape it's hard to go to far wrong.
    I do not disagree with the last paragraph but ppl have different preferences. On the whole however, you can't go wrong being fit. Only on TSR would this be up for debate.

ReputationRep:
    Your saying this is right?
    My dysfunctional family is actually crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Have you watched flowers in the attic?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.