Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am a 22 year old female and I will be starting my M.Sc at the University of Bath in september. I am now looking for accommodation for the coming year, approx a 12 month contract from late September. I am not too fussy about the location as long as it is within reasonable distance to transport to the uni, but would prefer a double room. I'm looking to spend around £450 a month including most or all bills. If anyone knows of any helpful sites or even of any rooms going that would suit I'd really appreciate the help!

TIA

Laura

ReputationRep:
    Hi Laura,

There are two places to check. The first is the University of Bath's official housemate finder: http://www.bathstudentpad.co.uk/Accommodation

In practice however not many people use it. The actual best place to check where you really will be able to find a house is the "bath spa & uni of bath house/housemate finder" Facebook group.

It's a public group so you should be able to find it. Let me know if you can't however and I'll post a link when I'm off my phone.

Hope you find something

Richard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurab5891)
    Hi,

I am a 22 year old female and I will be starting my M.Sc at the University of Bath in september. I am now looking for accommodation for the coming year, approx a 12 month contract from late September. I am not too fussy about the location as long as it is within reasonable distance to transport to the uni, but would prefer a double room. I'm looking to spend around £450 a month including most or all bills. If anyone knows of any helpful sites or even of any rooms going that would suit I'd really appreciate the help!

TIA

Laura
    Try Spareroom.co.uk, also the university should have some kind of accommodation office that can advise you on your search.

ReputationRep:
    As above, really.

I was in this situation last year, they had a very small number of rooms still available in September for immediate entry, though understandably it was the pricier accomodation options....i think £450 a month, but they are raising accomodation prices this year by an average of 10%. Worth contacting them and saying the most you can afford.

If you are really desparate, i think a room may be available in the house I am leaving in August....contact me, and I can get you in contact with my landlord and see if thats an option

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.