Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently progressing to second year in Uni but I feel like don't want t go uni anymore due to personal issues. What happens if you apply for student finance in the second year but decide to not go uni? will they will pay me maintenance loan? I have not told student finance my situation.

    Why would they give you a maintenance loan if you're not going to uni?
    If you decide not to go you have to tell them and they'll cancel your application, if you don't tell them I'm pretty sure it's fraud.
    • Community Assistant

    The money wouldn't get paid to you anyway because the university need to send over confirmation of registration which they won't do if your not attending.
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.