Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Work experience paperwork stress!! Watch

I applied for work experience in a hospital and i have to have the paper work done by the 24th.I am so stressed I had to get a reference I emailed my teacher and she replied and she never got back to me to confirm if she wrote the reference and I had to email her 3 times before she even replied to me and it's not because she is busy or anything it's the end of the school.Then I have to get one dose of the mmr vaccine and I got the appointment but it's not until Thursday and I also need form signed by gp proving immunisation and I am getting stressed because I don't think I will have the paper work done by monday because I don't know how long it will take to get those blood tests back for immunisation and even after then will they say I am immune to mmr or no.And I also got the paperwork only 5 days ago, so i didnt know until then that I needed more vaccines.I just feel stressed I am not going to get the paperwork done and I am not sure if i get all of this vaccine requirement or not?Will they say I am not immune since I just got the 2nd dose or what?Keep me anonymous.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I applied for work experience in a hospital and i have to have the paper work done by the 24th.I am so stressed I had to get a reference I emailed my teacher and she replied and she never got back to me to confirm if she wrote the reference and I had to email her 3 times before she even replied to me and it's not because she is busy or anything it's the end of the school.Then I have to get one dose of the mmr vaccine and I got the appointment but it's not until Thursday and I also need form signed by gp proving immunisation and I am getting stressed because I don't think I will have the paper work done by monday because I don't know how long it will take to get those blood tests back for immunisation and even after then will they say I am immune to mmr or no.And I also got the paperwork only 5 days ago, so i didnt know until then that I needed more vaccines.I just feel stressed I am not going to get the paperwork done and I am not sure if i get all of this vaccine requirement or not?Will they say I am not immune since I just got the 2nd dose or what?Keep me anonymous.
    Just make a list and as you do each task then cross it off the list.
    Next Wednesday then contact the organiser and let her know your progress along with outstanding things and when you expect to have finished them by. Send the list so they can see. Hopefully most will be completed by then but at least they will know and can give you extra time if absolutely needed. Nothing will happen over the weekend so make the list and chill.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Just make a list and as you do each task then cross it off the list.
    Next Wednesday then contact the organiser and let her know your progress along with outstanding things and when you expect to have finished them by. Send the list so they can see. Hopefully most will be completed by then but at least they will know and can give you extra time if absolutely needed. Nothing will happen over the weekend so make the list and chill.
    Now Im starting to worry and think I might need 2 doses of the mmr vaccine, because my mom has no clue about what vaccinations I have or anything and I do not have a red book.The biggest stress right now is the vaccine and the reference,all the other stuff is really easy.And the stuff to do with the GP and them signing saying Im immune.
    • Very Important Poster

Now Im starting to worry and think I might need 2 doses of the mmr vaccine, because my mom has no clue about what vaccinations I have or anything and I do not have a red book.The biggest stress right now is the vaccine and the reference,all the other stuff is really easy.And the stuff to do with the GP and them signing saying Im immune.
    You are a natural worrier. Theres no need. Nothing is happening this weekend.
    Contact your GP practice. the nurse should do, tell her the situation and what immunisations you need and when by. The Dr will know from your records.

Same with the reference. Phone the teacher or the school and just let her know when you need it by.

Mountains out of molehills.

You are a natural worrier. Theres no need. Nothing is happening this weekend.
    Contact your GP practice. the nurse should do, tell her the situation and what immunisations you need and when by. The Dr will know from your records.

Same with the reference. Phone the teacher or the school and just let her know when you need it by.

Mountains out of molehills.
    The thing is, I wasn't born in this country I came here when I was 7, so not sure if they have records of my vaccinations.I am not sure if I can get hold of the teacher as yesterday was the end of school and I sent her 3 emails and finally on friday she replied once but she did not after write to confirm if she wrote the reference or not.Im also worried, what if I need 2 doses and if I do I cant get them as you need 3 or was it 4 months break between 1st and 2nd vaccine.
    • Very Important Poster

The thing is, I wasn't born in this country I came here when I was 7, so not sure if they have records of my vaccinations.I am not sure if I can get hold of the teacher as yesterday was the end of school and I sent her 3 emails and finally on friday she replied once but she did not after write to confirm if she wrote the reference or not.Im also worried, what if I need 2 doses and if I do I cant get them as you need 3 or was it 4 months break between 1st and 2nd vaccine.
    I guess you are going to worry no matter what I say. Id imagine the DR and the nurse will know what is possible, but you carry on.

I guess you are going to worry no matter what I say. Id imagine the DR and the nurse will know what is possible, but you carry on.
    Im sorry I am just a natural worrier but I really appreciate your advice it helped a bit I must say.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.