The Student Room Group

US funding- Columbia

I am currently deciding between an MA in Global thought at Columbia and an Msc in African development at LSE. I am leaning towards Columbia- new city, better brand name, Ivy league etc however I am concerned about the finances Columbia will set me back about 87, 051 dollars so I'm looking for any sort of grant of scholarship that can help me out.

INFO:
I am a black 21 year old female.
First class graduate in Mathematical economics and statistics.
27K single income house with retired fam

if any of these help.
Original post by bolu26
I am currently deciding between an MA in Global thought at Columbia and an Msc in African development at LSE. I am leaning towards Columbia- new city, better brand name, Ivy league etc however I am concerned about the finances Columbia will set me back about 87, 051 dollars so I'm looking for any sort of grant of scholarship that can help me out.

INFO:

if any of these help.

Presumably, you applied for financial aid when you made your application to Columbia? If you weren't given any then you will have to pay the fees yourself, simple as.

http://sfs.columbia.edu/content/scholarships-grants
Original post by bolu26

INFO:

if any of these help.

yeah, this is the unfortunate reality of wanting to do a masters in the US.. financial aid is pretty much non-existent outside of university administered loans or commercial loans unlike for undergrad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending