Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chivarly: Should he or should she? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey ,I'm a young female and recently while taking a walk with my best friend I questioned why he didn't take my hangbag as I walked,He said it wasn't gentleman like.Does anyone else agree with this what's you take?

ReputationRep:
    Is this even for real? :lol: Even if you subscribe to the idea that guys should be 'gentlemanly', taking someone's handbag for them is a bit excessive imo.

ReputationRep:
    Your bag, you carry it!

I might say different if it was a 30 kg suitcase or something, but you're talking about your own handbag for heaven's sake
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hold your own stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong I don't mind walking with my shxt, but I'm so used to guys taking my stuff and walking with it sometimes that I didn't realise that it wasn't like 'ok'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermaidy)
    Is this even for real? :lol: Even if you subscribe to the idea that guys should be 'gentlemanly', taking someone's handbag for them is a bit excessive imo.
    Ermm I do it. Sometimes I carry it around for her for hours. Ffs, are you into impressing her, or impressing the hundreds of faces on the road which you probably won't ever see again? Just carry it ffs :doh:

(Original post by Big Booty Kay)
    Hey ,I'm a young female and recently while taking a walk with my best friend I questioned why he didn't take my hangbag as I walked,He said it wasn't gentleman like.Does anyone else agree with this what's you take?
    And uhh, I'd suggest you change your username before the horny hawks of TSR arrive :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody)
    Ermm I do it. Sometimes I carry it around for her for hours. Ffs, are you into impressing her, or impressing the hundreds of faces on the road which you probably won't ever see again? Just carry it ffs
    Hey, if you wanna do that, that's nice of you, but I fill my own handbag and consider it my responsibility to carry it... I find it a bit childish to expect anyone else to carry your stuff for you, and would never expect a guy to carry mine for me just because it's 'chivalrous' or whatever - obviously I'm not gonna be offended over someone offering but I'd never ever expect it :lol: If it's really heavy luggage or something it's just polite to help regardless of gender, but I'm still more of a 'you packed it, you carry it' girl.

ReputationRep:
    Chivalry got killed *shrug* dwi

ReputationRep:
    Am pretty sure you can hold your own handbag.

ReputationRep:
    I find it really attractive when a guy goes out of his way to do something for me - I'd return the favour obs- but that's too far, I'd be embarrassed if my partner did that for me, not hot at all

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't expect your guy to obey your every need/want let the man walk, it's your handbag- get a backpack or something

ReputationRep:
    Big batty gyal, good evening

ReputationRep:
    Would you trust your bag full of private items, personal items, in the hands of someone else?

Shopping bags I get, hand bags though? Over the line.

ReputationRep:
    OP just about manages to carry her big booty so a handbag is out of the question...

Carry it yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why is this even a question? Hold your own damn handbag lol

ReputationRep:
    eh??

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't expect to carry her bag unless it was too heavy for her.

Why can't she carry it herself?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.