Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How am I supposed to find a normal relationship if I'm Asexual ? Watch

I am a straight female who simply has no desire to have sex with anyone. Im not completely numb to being sexually attracted to men, I just don't want to have sex. Confused? how do you think I feel :confused:

ReputationRep:
    so you're bacteria ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a straight female who simply has no desire to have sex with anyone. Im not completely numb to being sexually attracted to men, I just don't want to have sex. Confused? how do you think I feel :confused:
    tbh sometimes its normal to feel like this although I do think this is a temporally feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you say you're straight, then you're not asexual, since being straight is a kind of sexuality. It's more likely you just have a very low sex drive or haven't met the right person yet, or you could be a "late bloomer". Personally, I didn't really even consider having sex with girls until I was about 20 (I'm 21 now).

But usually I'm really busy and can't be bothered with that sort of thing. I could make the time, but I don't.

ReputationRep:
    You consider yourself asexual. Have you ever been in a relationship w/ a guy? I'm assuming you're a virgin. Hopefully it is a case of once you have some experience nature will 'kick in' and you'll start having some sexual interest. You could have a low drive.... lower hormones. Not everyone is sex crazed which a lot of times doesn't sound like that is true because there is so much discussion of sex here, on television, in movies and magazines but really, most people are not totally sex crazed. Hopefully you can find a great guy to be friends with and you'll think he's at least cute or sweet and then grow more attached to him emotionally then finally, hopefully, the sexual desire will increase. You literally my have to have some sexual experience before this occurs though so if your not all 'in the moment' don't beat yourself up just try to relax and trust your partner and work on the emotional connections. Eventually, I think you'll start appreciated the physical nature of sex. Good Luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.