Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

MSc Research Master's in Psychology (Europe) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am aware that in the UK that at Master's level there are typically 'taught' programs and 'research' programs that focus more on independent research: e.g. MRes.

I am in the process of trying to find a 'research' type Master's program in Europe within Psychology for someone I know. I'm looking for a program that is taught in English and in a country that does not charge international students from outside the EEA a lot.

The person in question has a reputable Master's degree from Durham University within Psychology but wishes to 'try' some more research as they are not ready to commit to a full pHD yet.

So far, I am struggling to find similar programs with the specifications I have mentioned, although I have found 'taught' programs.

If anyone has experience of this or has found something for themselves please let me know.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yeachan)
    Hi,

I am aware that in the UK that at Master's level there are typically 'taught' programs and 'research' programs that focus more on independent research: e.g. MRes.

I am in the process of trying to find a 'research' type Master's program in Europe within Psychology for someone I know. I'm looking for a program that is taught in English and in a country that does not charge international students from outside the EEA a lot.

The person in question has a reputable Master's degree from Durham University within Psychology but wishes to 'try' some more research as they are not ready to commit to a full pHD yet.

So far, I am struggling to find similar programs with the specifications I have mentioned, although I have found 'taught' programs.

If anyone has experience of this or has found something for themselves please let me know.

Thanks!
    I remember someone telling me (who is from Europe) that research master's are a lot less common / non-existent in European universities because their system views taught master's as sufficient enough to prepare students for PhDs.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.