Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Intention for fasting Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I just wanted to be 100% sure. Obviously ladies will miss some fasts, hence will keep them after. If you make the intention whilst drinking the water, would your fast still be valid? Because after your intention your not meant to eat/drink but if your drinking whilst saying the intention, does it still count? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hi, i want to answer the question but i didnt really understand it, so could you please clarify the following for me:

when you say "If you make the intention whilst drinking the water, would your fast still be valid?" do you mean that you'd make up the fast later on so you drank water knowing you'd do so? or are you a girl and menstruating? basically, when you say intention, wdym?

sorry i didnt understand right away, pls help me understand and insha'Allah i'll try my best to answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nineteenone)
    hi, i want to answer the question but i didnt really understand it, so could you please clarify the following for me:

when you say "If you make the intention whilst drinking the water, would your fast still be valid?" do you mean that you'd make up the fast later on so you drank water knowing you'd do so? or are you a girl and menstruating? basically, when you say intention, wdym?

sorry i didnt understand right away, pls help me understand and insha'Allah i'll try my best to answer
    Never mind it's okay but thank you for trying to help me. The fact you wanted to try and help me means a lot. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    I mock your primitive attempt to appease a nonexistent being with snide derision and a hope you decide not to reproduce.
    YOU Are the most ignorant person I've ever met. How dare you say that. If you don't believe in Islam don't try and mock others. You have no right. Keep your opinions to yourself next time. No one wants to hear them

ReputationRep:
    intention of not drinking water whilst drinking water kinda defeats the purpose, if i understood your narrative correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Api00)
    Hi there, I just wanted to be 100% sure. Obviously ladies will miss some fasts, hence will keep them after. If you make the intention whilst drinking the water, would your fast still be valid? Because after your intention your not meant to eat/drink but if your drinking whilst saying the intention, does it still count? Thanks
    This is a bit confusing to understand.

What do you mean "after your intention your not meant to eat/drink" ? Your intention comes first.

If you're drinking and making the intention before suhoor ends then that's fine.

However if you're drinking after suhoor and making the intention to fast then it doesn't count.

Also please ignore the rude user making offensive posts, he's been reported.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    intention of not drinking water whilst drinking water kinda defeats the purpose, if i understood your narrative correctly.
    That's what I was worried about, but it is counted. Thank you though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    This is a bit confusing to understand.

What do you mean "after your intention your not meant to eat/drink" ? Your intention comes first.

If you're drinking and making the intention before suhoor ends then that's fine.

However if you're drinking after suhoor and making the intention to fast then it doesn't count.

Also please ignore the rude user making offensive posts, he's been reported.

As in whilst I'm drinking the water, I'm making the intention. But it's fine now. Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As in whilst I'm drinking the water, I'm making the intention. But it's fine now. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    This a a modern, liberal Western society, not a medieval theocracy. I have EVERY right to express my opinion of Islam and mock and criticize it as much as I please. Your violent religious creed CAN NOT and WILL NOT dictate what I can or can't say or what I can or can't criticize. It is my right, my birthright - freedom of speech, expression and criticism. The freedom to freely and in your face expose your ridiculous charade for what it is.
    Go and express your MODERN, LIBERAL, WESTERN opinions elsewhere as this thread isn't about YOUR rights. My genuine worry for my religion has absolutely nothing to do with your fowl opinions therefore this thread isn't here for me to dictate your rights and neither is it me criticising you, it's for me to address my concerns, hence your opinions and ignorance isn't needed or wanted here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Api00)
    Never mind it's okay but thank you for trying to help me. The fact you wanted to try and help me means a lot. Thank you
    you're welcome

ReputationRep:
    why would u make the intention whilst your drinking water?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    why would u make the intention whilst your drinking water?
    Because these fasts are for my broken fasts hence there is no set dua for the intention hence I thought if I do the intention whilst drinking the water it's like I've done the intention whilst drinking the last cup of water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Api00)
    Because these fasts are for my broken fasts hence there is no set dua for the intention hence I thought if I do the intention whilst drinking the water it's like I've done the intention whilst drinking the last cup of water
    yeah so basically its the same as when your doing a normal fast like in Ramadan. So do your Sahoor and make your intention like usual but say as your intention its for your "missed fasts in Ramadan " instead of saying the intention of fasting in Ramadan. Hope that helps x

ReputationRep:
    yeah...as ^ said + make sure u do intention after drinking water..

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.