Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Depressed because of politics? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ik this sounds weird but hear me out. Im genuinely really feeling down and depressed because of certain political issues that I know I have no control over. Im Indian, and I can't stop thinking about the whole J and K issue. Im trying to get my mind off it, but it's all I can think of and it's really got me down. I thought I would be able to chill in the summer with now exam stress but I honestly feel worse. I've no idea what to do. How can I take my mind off it? Btw this isn't a political debate thread, please don't turn it into one. Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Iceman88)
    Ik this sounds weird but hear me out. Im genuinely really feeling down and depressed because of certain political issues that I know I have no control over. Im Indian, and I can't stop thinking about the whole J and K issue. Im trying to get my mind off it, but it's all I can think of and it's really got me down. I thought I would be able to chill in the summer with now exam stress but I honestly feel worse. I've no idea what to do. How can I take my mind off it? Btw this isn't a political debate thread, please don't turn it into one. Thanks
    Out of interest then what is the J and K issue? K for kashmir?

Get busy and do things that either occupy you such as volunteer work or a job, exercise, be with friends and just keep busy. The next stage will come soon enough.and you have to realise theres not a lot you cna do? Maybe get involved with a chairty helping in the situation or maybe just focus on developing yourself so maybe further down the line you will be in a position to help out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Out of interest then what is the J and K issue? K for kashmir?

Get busy and do things that either occupy you such as volunteer work or a job, exercise, be with friends and just keep busy. The next stage will come soon enough.and you have to realise theres not a lot you cna do? Maybe get involved with a chairty helping in the situation or maybe just focus on developing yourself so maybe further down the line you will be in a position to help out?
    Yes it is Kashmir. Thanks for replying, Ive tried to get my mind off it but i can't, if that makes sense. I guess its a just a feeling of powerlessness, in the sense that the whole world only seems to support pakistan, and nobody can see their faults. Idk, I suppose it was nice to just vent. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iceman88)
    realise you literally have no control over it and what happens will happen

ReputationRep:
    Don't care about things over which you have no control.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.