Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What is your favourite meat? Watch

• View Poll Results: What's your favourite meat?
    Chicken
    49.05%
    Pork
    6.94%
    Lamb
    10.73%
    Beef
    12.62%
    Fish
    9.31%
    Insects
    6.47%
    Other
    4.89%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myblueheaven339)
    Why would you include shrimp and prawns as insects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    cos they are in the group of invertebrates as what we commonly call insects. they're as much an insect as a centipede or spider (technically not insect but everyone calls them that anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    cos they are in the group of invertebrates as what we commonly call insects. they're as much an insect as a centipede or spider (technically not insect but everyone calls them that anyway)
    They're crustaceans, not insects. Both insects and crustaceans are Arthropods, but they are distinct groups. Centipedes are myriapods and spiders are arachnids, neither are insects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chicken is my favourite too. Me and my son usually alternate between chicken one night and fish the next. Although last night we had some grilled beef burgers and I haven't had any beef at all in months. Made a nice change. [ That's got me thinking; must make a Spag Bol].

ReputationRep:
    fish
    chicken
    Lamb
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Fish.

Specifically, Mackerel, it is literally life, best fish I've ever tasted.

ReputationRep:
    Chicken. Free range organic
    Incredibly versatile

ReputationRep:
    Chicken and lamb defo
    I don't eat beef and pork anyway

ReputationRep:
    Baby Sheeps

ReputationRep:
    Pork

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They're crustaceans, not insects. Both insects and crustaceans are Arthropods, but they are distinct groups. Centipedes are myriapods and spiders are arachnids, neither are insects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol i never said they were insects, i said they were in the same group as insects (arthropoda) and they're as much insects as spiders and centipedes are, which most people call insects. i was just trying to say if you call spiders and centipedes insects, which most people do (who aren't biologists) then you can equally call prawns insects... in a "common" sense of the word rather than biological.
    i just re read my post and i missed out the word "same" but you can see where it's meant to go.

also i've written insect so many times now it doesn't look like a word...

ReputationRep:
    Lamb all the way! Although I tend to have chicken a lot more, diet wise chicken wins. Taste wise, lamb!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielCross)
    Chicken
    Pork
    Lamb
    Beef
    Fish
    Insects (including shrimp and prawns)
    Other
    pussy

ReputationRep:
    Why would you include shrimp and prawns as insects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, they're all arthropods; I could see how he'd get confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    Baby Sheeps

Sooooo ****ing cute and sweet and innocent...and yet you eat them ;_;

You really are a meanie-pie.

ReputationRep:
    CHICKENNNN !! ugh i hate lamb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    lol i never said they were insects, i said they were in the same group as insects (arthropoda) and they're as much insects as spiders and centipedes are, which most people call insects. i was just trying to say if you call spiders and centipedes insects, which most people do (who aren't biologists) then you can equally call prawns insects... in a "common" sense of the word rather than biological.
    i just re read my post and i missed out the word "same" but you can see where it's meant to go.

also i've written insect so many times now it doesn't look like a word...
    Haha, I love it when words do that! I have never met anyone who would refer to those things as insects because they aren't! I can see that it were trying simplify the idea for casual conversation, but it is a bugbear of mine when people spread misconception for the sake of simplicity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I love it when words do that! I have never met anyone who would refer to those things as insects because they aren't! I can see that you were trying to simplify the idea for casual conversation, but it is a bugbear of mine when people spread misconception for the sake of simplicity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)

Exactly !!!!!!!! Just look at them! The innocence and playfulness of these beautiful creatures are tarnished just to satisfy your taste buds for like 5 seconds.

It just doesn't weigh up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)

tbf they don't look like that when they go to market.

I have no qualms about eating them

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I love it when words do that! I have never met anyone who would refer to those things as insects because they aren't! I can see that it were trying simplify the idea for casual conversation, but it is a bugbear of mine when people spread misconception for the sake of simplicity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ok fair enough, i know most people don't know what an arthropod even is or what makes something an insect, so would call spider or centipede an insect. if you ask people on the street "is a spider an insect", most would say yes

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.