Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Does anyone know how legitimate this site is? It seems to rank universities and also gives them a star rating. It has ranked two masters courses that I believed to be similar at 21 and 82 in the world and given one a 4 star rating and the other a 3.

The course I am doing is entrepreneurship and it's hard to find rankings. Does anyone know of any good ranking sites if best masters isn't up to the job?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmsc)
    Hi there,

Does anyone know how legitimate this site is? It seems to rank universities and also gives them a star rating. It has ranked two masters courses that I believed to be similar at 21 and 82 in the world and given one a 4 star rating and the other a 3.

The course I am doing is entrepreneurship and it's hard to find rankings. Does anyone know of any good ranking sites if best masters isn't up to the job?

Thanks
    Looks like a jumped-up marketing operation to me. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Don't bother looking at rankings too closely - they are intensely political, heavily manipulated, and not objective in the best cases (QS, THE, etc). There's less data available for Masters rankings and I highly doubt that any league table (let alone this one, which I've never heard of, and looks more like an ad agency to direct hits to paying institutions' websites) could come up with a methodology to definitively find the 'best' one.

And honestly, star rankings? What the hell does that tell you about anything?

Research the courses that interest you in detail, look at academics' profiles to see what they teach and what they've published, look at module content and reading lists. In short - do legwork.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.