Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, ive applied for Plymouth uni and its my firm choice. ive applied to do geology with a science foundation year, but I was talking to someone yesterday and they made me question if I can do the foundation year. at gcse I got a B in physics and two C's in bio and chem. at A levels I done geography, photography and theology. so while I'm interested idk if I can do it. could anyone who has knowledge of the science foundation year please let me know what they thought. and f possible maybe list topics you learn or attach examples of work. thank you, much appreciated!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by JP1001)
    hi, ive applied for Plymouth uni and its my firm choice. ive applied to do geology with a science foundation year, but I was talking to someone yesterday and they made me question if I can do the foundation year. at gcse I got a B in physics and two C's in bio and chem. at A levels I done geography, photography and theology. so while I'm interested idk if I can do it. could anyone who has knowledge of the science foundation year please let me know what they thought. and f possible maybe list topics you learn or attach examples of work. thank you, much appreciated!!
    It's probably going to be as difficult as an access course which is as difficult as A-levels but double the content as 2 years is condensed into 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    It's probably going to be as difficult as an access course which is as difficult as A-levels but double the content as 2 years is condensed into 1.
    well thats scared the **** out of me. lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.