Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Pirmark tills - variance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just started working at primark and I noticed I got a variance on my till when they were finishing doing the spot check. No one else was on my till and I was wondering if it was normal to get a variance...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisxyeo)
    Hi, I just started working at primark and I noticed I got a variance on my till when they were finishing doing the spot check. No one else was on my till and I was wondering if it was normal to get a variance...
    Well it isn't "normal" as such - it means you gave out the wrong change somewhere. But if it's a low amount they generally won't take any action. You just need to be more careful in future. There are loads of strategies for counting out change, so maybe try reading something like this and see if any work for you.

Do be careful if a customer starts asking you to change high value notes - especially if they give you more than one swap during the transaction. Therre are scams around which involve this and aim to confuse you. Never open your till to give change unless someone is buying something (or doing a refund if you do that).

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 17, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.