Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if someone could do a "Week in the Life" of a BA POLITICS AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS student? I would be eternally grateful. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this discussion thread. I'm PG LLM, so its a different area, but I, like you, would find those kinds of response by the people who have been there and done it, a huge bonus. I remember when I first started law school, I had always wanted to go to law school, become a lawyer, etc. I read about the general experiences, knew it would be insane studying, well...at least I THOUGHT I knew and was ready!

BUT, I NEVER had a chance to know any students personally, who went to my specific program and university, if I could have just known in advance, it would have, honestly, made a big difference. Instead, I arrived for orientation week, and all hell broke out, with then being confronted with dire warnings from 2nd and 3rd year students giving their perspectives, learning about the insane curve-how 30% would not make it through the first year (NOT including those who dropped out)-numbers set in stone, just a question of "who were you going to be" in the script that had already been written. Let me stop here and say -THIS IS NOT your situation for the B.A. program-totally different, and no way need to worry about anything like this! I'm just saying, as an example, the value of hearing from someone who has been there before, what quirks this particular professor has, who is the outstanding ones to take a module from, etc. For me, I mentored new students my 2nd and 3rd year, to make sure they got through that rough patch, gave them insights, and made myself as available as I could, to be there to answer any questions, its VERY important. And I am writing this, just hoping someone will share their experiences with you on this topic. (and ultimately-wishing the same would be true of my LLM program, I want to tell myself no way can it be as hard as law school, reading up to 200 pages every night-the demands --but I am hearing it is very intensive, which makes sense, since it is only a one year program.)

(Original post by Zlatan1)
    I was wondering if someone could do a "Week in the Life" of a BA POLITICS AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS student? I would be eternally grateful. Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

SOAS Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered SOAS ThreadsFind out what student life in London is really like in students' own wordsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other SOAS applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.