Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was this year's AQA A Level Physics (7408) easy or hard? Watch

• View Poll Results: Was this gear's physics AQA A level easier or harder than the previous spec?
    Easier overall
    7.14%
    The same overall
    0%
    Harder overall
    92.86%

ReputationRep:
    Compared to the previous specification? Or would you say it's around the same in terms of difficulty?

Personally I thought Paper 1 was quite hard, Paper 2 and Paper 3 were easier so overall grade boundaries would be similar to before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Compared to the previous specification? Or would you say it's around the same in terms of difficulty?

Personally I thought Paper 1 was quite hard, Paper 2 and Paper 3 were easier so overall grade boundaries would be similar to before?
    Paper 3A was the hardest by far. The old specification seems a joke compared with the new one in terms of how the questions are asked like no definition questions etc.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to suggest what grade boundaries they expect?

personally (hopefully) I'm thinking around 165/250 for an A.

that might be wishful thinking. what do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    I think paper 2 was reasonable, but papers 1 and 3 were very difficult. Although similar material is covered in the new and the old specification, the questions in the papers in the new spec are much more far-fetched and it can sometimes take a fair amount of time to comprehend what you would need to do in order to answer the question. Just knowing whats in the textbook and attending lessons doesn't seem to be enough to understand how to do most of the new questions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.