Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Why doesn't my OH know how to clean? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittenMediaya)
    That's true :yep: but none in my fam
    They should learn to do some chores then. You should teach them

ReputationRep:
    This is more generalised than the Pythagorean theorem for higher dimensions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    They should learn to do some chores then. You should teach them
    Id rather do it myself than teach them ngl it will take them years and in the end they'll probably kill me :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittenMediaya)
    Id rather do it myself than teach them ngl it will take them years and in the end they'll probably kill me :eek:
    They won't kill you You should get them to watch over you whilst you do it and then give them a task to do. You can be the teacher and they'll be your students

ReputationRep:
    2 possible reasons

1. His mother didn't teach him how to (ironic)
    or
    2. He does know how to but by playing dumb, he can make you do it for him instead.

ReputationRep:
    It is sad to see that some people have made comments about 'how it is the "womens job to clean" men have to pull their weight as well whether it is cooking or cleaning. Every man should be able to cook and clean after themselves. It's not hard. OP you need to make it clear to him that he's not pulling his weight.

Cant wash a fork or put up the washing correctly. Sounds like you've got an Einstein there.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like me. I just hoover around the mess and dump whole baskets on washing on top of the clothes horse. The washing does dry, just in very spiky shapes. If you do everything half-arsed people stop asking you and then you can play Mario Kart while eating crisps undisturbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reeeeyah)
    My OH doesn't seem to understand how to clean properly and it's driving me mad! It's so pathetic that it makes me so angry but it really does piss me off, to the point where I feel enraged.

He just doesn't ever do any cleaning properly, like it's always half arsed. He doesn't seem to understand how to wash dishes properly. I was tucking into my dinner earlier and halfway through I noticed I had 2 day old food stuck to my fork where he hadn't washed it properly everytime I get a cup out to have a drink if he's done the dishes it's normally still dirty where he hasn't washed it properly, so I have to wash it again. He also doesn't wipe the counters down and leaves cloths soaking in the dirty water.

Ask him to peg out the washing, he doesn't peg it he just hangs it over the line. Found my clean clothes thrown around the back garden where the dog had got them and decided to use them as her new toy.

Ask him to hoover, he doesn't.... I find him doing weird **** like hoovering the dog or the curtains or himself.

Should I just give up and do all the cleaning myself? I have confronted him on numerous occasions about it and then he makes me feel like a massive cow because I think well atleast he's trying but is there any need to be such a retard about it?

Am I alone in my struggle? help me!
    They do. I find your comment very sexist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    It is sad to see that some people have made comments about 'how it is the "womens job to clean" men have to pull their weight as well whether it is cooking or cleaning. Every man should be able to cook and clean after themselves. It's not hard. OP you need to make it clear to him that he's not pulling his weight.
    I'm going to try once again to have a proper chat with him about it, hopefully he listens this time.

(Original post by Tony Manero)
    They do. I find your comment very sexist.
    Oh right, good for you.

ReputationRep:
    Ah Reeeeyah I haven't spoken to you ages you Northern fairy. You won't know who this is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirko)
    Ah Reeeeyah I haven't spoken to you ages you Northern fairy. You won't know who this is
    Enlighten me

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to try once again to have a proper chat with him about it, hopefully he listens this time.

You should even if he doesn't listen just keep hammering him about it and he'll soon learn.

I certainly did

ReputationRep:
    I hate people who don't do washing up properly. You literally just have to put the slightest bit of force when applying the sponge to cutlery.

ReputationRep:
    Because at the international Congress of MANilla in 978 BC, our ancient male forebears decreed that no male was competent at cleaning or matters hygienic.

In all seriousness though, nope. As a male I'm perfectly capable of cleaning to a high standard. Most of my former colleagues from the agency (mostly cleaning) where I used to work were also male. It isn't that testosterone renders one ineffective in the cleaning arts, it sounds like he's just lazy lol.

ReputationRep:
    Enlighten me
    We used to share a nice bond over dogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirko)
    We used to share a nice bond over dogs.
    Ahhhhhhhh pm me, I can't remember you! lol

ReputationRep:

Oh right, good for you.
    ****ing feminist ***** think only women can be victim of sexism

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps a better title would be "why can't my man clean?" and not the one you used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony Manero)
    ****ing feminist ***** think only women can be victim of sexism
    Why aren't you also kicking off at the guy who said women were invented to clean? double standards........

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.