The Student Room Group

Why doesn't my OH know how to clean?

Scroll to see replies

Lmao how hard can it be to clean a dish 🙄🙄🙄
Original post by Reeeeyah
Why aren't you also kicking off at the guy who said women were invented to clean? double standards........

I didn't know there was a guy who said that. I never read all the replies and neither intend to.
Both sexes are more pampered nowadays and boys are often required to do very little at home. Don't expect him to change much

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can clean :hmmm::colonhash:.
My partner is super tidy, and tells me off for leaving my stuff everywhere. Other end of the spectrum!
Why do women generalise men?

Two can play at this game.
Because they are lazy and don't put in any effort.
Your OH is a retard then. We know how to clean.

Also, he sounds lazy and selfish from what you're saying here.

Good choice btw.
Because cleaning is well gay innit
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Because that's what women were invented for

lmao
IME girls are lazier. I'm a girl and just can't be bothered doing much and neiter can mt sisters, whereas my brothers do a lot of cleaning (and they're younger :colondollar:). However that may be because I'm older and have more going on in terms of schoolwork, but I think you've made a massive - and incorrect - generalisation there.
Original post by Reeeeyah
My OH doesn't seem to understand how to clean properly and it's driving me mad! It's so pathetic that it makes me so angry but it really does piss me off, to the point where I feel enraged.

He just doesn't ever do any cleaning properly, like it's always half arsed. He doesn't seem to understand how to wash dishes properly. I was tucking into my dinner earlier and halfway through I noticed I had 2 day old food stuck to my fork where he hadn't washed it properly :angry: everytime I get a cup out to have a drink if he's done the dishes it's normally still dirty where he hasn't washed it properly, so I have to wash it again. He also doesn't wipe the counters down and leaves cloths soaking in the dirty water.

Ask him to peg out the washing, he doesn't peg it he just hangs it over the line. Found my clean clothes thrown around the back garden where the dog had got them and decided to use them as her new toy.

Ask him to hoover, he doesn't.... I find him doing weird **** like hoovering the dog or the curtains or himself.

Should I just give up and do all the cleaning myself? I have confronted him on numerous occasions about it and then he makes me feel like a massive cow because I think well atleast he's trying but is there any need to be such a retard about it?

Am I alone in my struggle? help me!

*Why doesn't my man know how to clean?
Bet you miss me and my superior cleaning skills now, huh :tongue:
Reply 53
Original post by WoodyMKC
Bet you miss me and my superior cleaning skills now, huh :tongue:

Yes, using that big arm of yours to power through the dishes :frown: eugh!!!!
Reply 54
I just saved your relationship. You're welcome.

[video="youtube;wIB_X2N6020"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIB_X2N6020[/video]
I know this sooo well. My OH just doesn't seem to be able to function when it comes to household tasks. He wants me to explain the washing machine to him anytime he uses it. Doing food shopping is a huge trauma and he acts like he's found the cure for cancer when he brought home a carton of milk. Sometimes I insist we're going to clean the flat together and I swear I can have cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom and I come into the living room and he's just stood in the middle of the room andt there's like two items he's put by the door to go to another room while I have cleaned/mopped/hoovered 3 rooms. I understand why he doesn't want to do hosuehold chores cos even grabbing a load worth of clothes from the laundry is like a 30 minute process where he agonises over whether to wash running shorts or a pair of boxers etc.

Quick Reply

Latest