Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

General glut?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been reading about Keynesian and classical economics and one of the topics that came up was the idea of a 'general glut' whether there is overall overproduction within an economy- i.e. more is produced by suppliers than is consumed. This was presented as the basis of Keynes' beliefs about a recession, and how the stimulating of demand is necessary to return the economy to full employment. I thought that I understood Keynesian economics and the idea that a lack of demand can cause the output of an economy to be below its productive potential, but surely there can be low aggregate demand, without there being excess supply- can't supply and demand both be at a level below the economy's productive potential, rather than there having to be overproduction?

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.