Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

surname issue! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So as it happens let's say I have a name XX XX on the first 3 olevel papers while with the rest next year I entered the name XX XX Ali. Will it cause any issue when I go ask for the equivalency certificate? Your Answer would very much help me because I'm FREAKING OUT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NZA47)
    So as it happens let's say I have a name XX XX on the first 3 olevel papers while with the rest next year I entered the name XX XX Ali. Will it cause any issue when I go ask for the equivalency certificate? Your Answer would very much help me because I'm FREAKING OUT.
    Are you saying that you name will be changing after some exams but before the end of them all? If so, then the person who entered you for the exams (most likely your school/college unless you're a private candidate) will probably be the one responsible for informing the exam board of any changes so you'll be fine as long as the school/college have been made aware of the name change.

If you're saying that you just entered the wrong name on your papers (first of all, why?), then you need to let your school/college/exam board know ASAP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greghayes)
    Are you saying that you name will be changing after some exams but before the end of them all? If so, then the person who entered you for the exams (most likely your school/college unless you're a private candidate) will probably be the one responsible for informing the exam board of any changes so you'll be fine as long as the school/college have been made aware of the name change.

If you're saying that you just entered the wrong name on your papers (first of all, why?), then you need to let your school/college/exam board know ASAP!
    No what i am saying is that my father has a surname and i didn't put it in my name the first time i appeared for 3 different subjects while the 2nd time i was appearing for 7 totally different subjects i added my fathers surname in my name.. and yes my school entered it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NZA47)
    No what i am saying is that my father has a surname and i didn't put it in my name the first time i appeared for 3 different subjects while the 2nd time i was appearing for 7 totally different subjects i added my fathers surname in my name.. and yes my school entered it..
    If you wrote your name down as it appears in your Statement of Entry Form that you were given at the time, it's fine. Even if you didn't I don't think it's that big of a deal, considering they can just identify you with your candidate and centre number.

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine. Like someone else said, they will just look at your candidate number if they're unsure.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.