Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Where can I buy dumbells? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Looking to buy dumbells, does anyone have any recommendations of online stores? Currently looking at fitness superstore, but for some 30kg dumbells I'm looking at around £60, and additional 2 x 5kg plates at £17.

Also, would these weights be enough for a beginner? I'll work my way up to the heaviest weight but don't want them to become obsolete too soon.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackfoot)
    Hi,

Looking to buy dumbells, does anyone have any recommendations of online stores? Currently looking at fitness superstore, but for some 30kg dumbells I'm looking at around £60, and additional 2 x 5kg plates at £17.

Also, would these weights be enough for a beginner? I'll work my way up to the heaviest weight but don't want them to become obsolete too soon.

Thanks.
    Look on Amazon - you can get them for cheaper than that. They often come up on the Black Friday sales in November. Even if you don't want to wait that long for them, you could probably pick up some extra plates cheap that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Look on Amazon - you can get them for cheaper than that. They often come up on the Black Friday sales in November. Even if you don't want to wait that long for them, you could probably pick up some extra plates cheap that way.
    Thanks, will take a look

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother online - Honestly not worth it. Check on gumtree or ebay - Often free or extremely cheap if you pickup locally - So many people getting rid of them. Otherwise you're spending a lot of money for nothing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackfoot)
    Hi,

Thanks.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50KG-Dumbb...s/152448308513

50kg set for about 40 quid

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.